Monday, July 22, 2013

Brunch...and Sunday Stealing

What do people in a group called "Picture A Day" talk about when they get together?  Cameras, and pictures, and camera phones, and software.  Susan and I wre remembering back to the days of GeoCities when, if you wanted a web site, you "traveled" along a graphic road and chose the "house" where you wanted to settle (yes there were graphics of houses in various styles, and neighborhoods which supposedly matched your interests).  That's how Funny the World Started.  Then GeoCities was bought out by Yahoo and then Yahoo hosted my domain.  Seems like forever since I traveled a GeoCities road!

The six of us who were able to make it to Monticello restaurant in Davis had a great time discussing those and other topics, which incuded Jennifer's progressing pregnancy, SPCA foster dogs, and politics!

Then it was time to leave. Jennifer and Susan both had flights back home today.  It was a short, but very fun weekend.

Today I had the "afternoon off."  My cousin, along with her sister and niece, was going to be going to see my mother, give her a pedicure and take her out to lunch, so I figured I'd just take the day off from Covell...two days in a row!

And, it being Sunday, and all, of course I had to do a Sunday Stealing.

SundayStealing.JPG (4681 bytes)

Have you ever clicked on an ad on the side of your screen by accident?:
Oh sure.  Lots of times.  Sometimes it's actually a good thing, but usually not

When was the last time you were disappointed?:
Were were all disappointed today when Bam had a pony with colic and was not able to join us at the brunch.

Do you like the smell of rain?:
Absolutely LOVE it.  Love the smell of the wet air, the wet ground, even the wet clothing. 

What was the last thing you took a picture of?:
I tried to take a picture of some poppies at the beach.  Very disappointing  Must read the instruction book about close up photograhy with my new camera. 

When you go to McDonald's, what drink do you usually get?:
I rarely get a drink at McDonald's (though get food often), unless I'm trying to stay awake, when I have discovered that their iced mocha is the best picker-upper ever.

What were you doing today at 2:15 in the afternoon?:
Well, it's not 2:15 yet, but yesterday at 2:15, we were eating fish and chips at a cafe overlooking the ocean. 

What's the nickname of your home state?:
The Golden State, of course.

What's the worst type of weather in your opinion?:
Hot is bad.  Hot and humid is worse. 

Do you have a Kindle, Nook, iPad or none?:
Kindle.  Love it.

Would you rather read or write?:
Tough call.  I love doing both.  Reading probably has the slight edge, since that's a passive activity, but writing can be a very fulfilling thing. 

When was the last time someone took a picture of you?:
The waitress at the restaurant where we were having brunch took a picture of the group of us.


Do you own a pair of slippers?:
Not any more.  I used to have some wonderful rabbit-lined slippers that I loved (so did the teething puppies).  Now I wear fluffy sox.

Name something negative that you hate about yourself:
My weight...and the fact that I really don't want to do anything about it.  I just want it to all go away on its own.

Is your house currently hot, cold or just right?:
Just right...and if it's a bit too warm, there are fans.

Is there a Dead End road near where you live?:
Yes.

Do you roll your eyes often?:
No.  At least not that I am aware.

Growing up, did you see your cousins often?:
I have 32 cousins, but only saw a handful of them, some occasionally, some regularly.   Peach and I spent big chunks of summers together, and I loved that.

Where was your first job at?:
Medical Arts Laboratory near my grammar school.  I washed bloody test tubes, poop petri dishes, and held the arms of terrified patients who were having blood drawn
.
When's your birthday?:
February 17

Is life a party to you?:
Along with Mame Dennis Burnside, I think "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Who are you tired of seeing in the news a lot?:
The Zimmerman trial, though I think the discussions following the verdict have become more interesting than the trial itself.

When was the last time you flew a kite?:
I don't know that I ever have.

How long have you had a blog?:
I have made a blog entry on this blog almost daily since March of 2000. This is entry #4866.

Have you ever had to call and complain about a product you bought?:
Yes. I try to be polite but sometimes....

Name something positive you love about yourself:
I love that I have been faithful to this journal for 13+ years.  I also love that when I look back over it, I can see an improvement in my writing (sometimes).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Bev! I'm visiting from Swap-bot (you're my partner for the Six Week Snail Mail Swap #8). I was checking out your SB Profile, then mosied over here to your Blog...I must comment that I am SO IMPRESSED that you have posted on your blog almost daily for 13 years!!!! Wow! You go, girl! You are my inspiration to get back to my own blog and post daily also! :)