Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Stealing


TV Meme, part one
(another meme that seems ready-made for me!)
1. TV Theme songs. Which is your favorite, and which makes you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote?
They don't really have theme "songs" like they used to, songs we could sing.  I loved the theme to The Courtship of Eddie's Father and I still like the theme to Underdog.  I always fast forwarded through the theme to Dexter and though I watch SVU frequently, I cringe when I hear the theme song. Also cringe-worthy is All in the Family.  Sorry, but Edith Bunker's voice was nails on a chalkboard to me.  And after the first day or two, I can't stand to hear the theme to any Olympic broadcast!  There are many others that I like and dislike.

2. The Classics. What is your favorite Classic TV show?

The Dick Van Dyke Show.

3. What character from a Classic TV show would you like to be?

Timmy's mom on Lassie.

4. Can you remember a line you liked from a Classic TV show?

I don't know that there is a "line" in there that is memorable, but my favorite situation from Lassie was one that June Lockhart told on an interview about the show.  Apparently her character's foot was caught in a bear trap. She shouts for help. When Lassie shows up, she takes the risk and sends the dog for the "C" clamp sitting on the sink back at the house. Lassie, being only a dog, returns with a c-shaped cheese slicer and Lockhart sends her back to the kitchen again for the clamp which Lassie, of course, gets right the second time.

5. Heroes. What show featuring those who protect your country (fiction or non-fiction) is your favorite?

NCIS, of course, with runners up being Criminal Minds and NCIS-LA.

6. TV Cops. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop? Which TV cop do you think was the most crooked, or the most inept?

Favorite is Monk.  Most inept would be Barnie Fife.

7. You need to hire a bodyguard for yourself. Which TV cop do you choose?

Jack Bauer.  Ain't nobody gonna mess with Jack Bauer.  But I guess technically Jack isn't a cop, so I'll choose Olivia Benson from SVU.

8. TV Doctors. Which TV doctor would you choose to remove your appendix? Which TV doctor would you not let touch you with a 10-foot pole?

Oh dear.  So many doctors and I've watched almost all of them.  Probably Marcus Welby could handle my appendix.  There are no doctors like him left in the world (for that matter, I suspect there never WERE any doctors like him!).  As for who should not touch my appendix, that would be Gregory House.  I'd end up dying of some exotic disease while he and his crew ran expensive tests and lopped off important pieces of my anatomy in the name of scientific exploration.

9. TV Moms. Which TV mom would you have liked to have had for your own? Is there a TV mom you would never want as your own?

I'll go with Samantha Stephens (Bewitched) for mom I'd like.  It would be fun to have a witch for a mom.  Or maybe Claire Huxtable, who could do it all, make it look easy, and still look glamorous.  I would not like to have Donna Reed for a mother (shudder)...my nemesis.  As for the mom I'm most like, that would be Roseanne! The mom I had was probably more like June Cleaver.

10. TV Dads. Which TV Dad would you have most liked to have for your own dad? On the flipside, who was the TV Dad you’d have least liked to have had?

The Dad I'd like to have had was Jim Anderson of Father Knows Best. The Dad I had was Archie Bunker.  The Dad I'd least like to have is Tony Soprano.

11. Comedies. How do you feel about sitcoms? Good, wholesome fun or saccharine inanity?

I run hot and cold on sitcoms.  Broad, slapstick comedy does nothing for me.   Well written comedy like Big Bang Theory I love.

12. If your life was a sitcom, what would the title be?

Well, Funny the World, of course!

13. If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?

Not for all the tea in China.

14. Reality. Are you a fan of Reality TV? What’s your “can’t miss” reality TV show (or shows), or what reality TV show do you suppose the devil plays on the TV in Hell as punishment?

There's "reality TV" and there's "reality TV."  I love Amazing Race, tolerate Dancing with the Stars and Survivor.  I hate any housewives of anywhere, or any mating and dating reality show.  I think Hell would be it's own reality show; I doubt people will be watching TV, but if they were it would probably be that woman who teaches dance to young girls, or the mothers yelling at their toddlers to display well on the runway.  Or maybe an eternity of Honey BooBoo.  (Excuse me; I have to go to confession now to erase all of my past sins and clear my way into heaven...an eternity of Honey BooBoo is more threatening than an eternity of fire!)

15. If you were given a free ticket to be on any reality show, which one would you choose?

Hmmm...I'm too old and decrepit for Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars or Survivor.   (Me on Survivor...now THERE is a sit com for ya!)  Not being an exhibitionist, I can't think of a single reality show that I would like to be on, unless it was one that dealt with animals or something like that.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

What great answers! I totally agree about the dating and mating shows, I feel like I need to wash my eyes! And Honey Boo-boo--YIKES!!!