Monday, April 7, 2014

Sunday Stealing

When was the last time you swam in a pool?
It was 2009, in Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy.  A rooftop pool, overlooking the Mediterranean.  Char and I paddled about in the pool for about 15 minutes.

Do you like to party?

Small party, yes.  If you mean large, loud music, lots-of-people parties, no.

Describe the shirt you're wearing?

A red 3/4 length sleeve shirt decorated with zebras.

What is one feature film that you don't like?

Prince of Tides because of how Barbra Streisand (who directed and starred in it) made it a vehicle for her and destroyed what was one of my favorite books.   I also hated what she did to A Star Is Born when she remade it with Kris Kristoferson.  Despite that I really do like Streisand.

Would people describe you as happy?

I think so.

Sleep with or without clothes on?

With.  Pj bottoms, and t-shirt

Does it bother you if people swear around you?

Hell no.

Do you prefer Wednesdays or Thursdays?

Thursdays, because it's the day I work at the book store

Like to travel?

Yes.  Sometimes.  I like it less and less preparing to go somewhere these days, though always enjoy myself when we actually get there.

Think you're attractive?

Good lord, no.

Are or were you a good student?

I was never a good student.  I was smart, so I got decent grades, but I never learned how to study, which is why I left college after only a year.

Are you currently happy?

I'm content.

Colored or black-and-white photo?

Both.  There are color photos that are exquisite, but I love the drama of a good b/w photo.

Do you consider yourself the life of the party?

No.  I'm the person hiding behind the potted palm hoping nobody will notice me.   (right, Ron?)

Do you drink?

Rarely.  My go-to drink is water and I really prefer it, though sometimes an alcoholic beverage tastes good.,

Do you make fun of people?

I hope not.  I am the kind of person someone is likely to make fun of and I know how much that hurts, so I try never to do that to someone else.  (Sticks and stones may break your bones and names CAN hurt you!)

Do you think dreams eventually come true?

No.

Favorite fictional character?

Claire Randall in the Outlander books.

Go to the movies or rent?

I love going to the movies, but we almost never do, so I'm glad there is Netflix.

Have you ever moved?

Not in the past 40 years.

Have you ever stolen anything?

I led a life of crime as a little kid.  Regularly stole chocolate candies from the corner grocer, who either never caught me or thought I was cute enough that he ignored my pilfering of the penny candy.

How's the weather right now?

It's been a lovely day today...sunny and not too hot.

Last time you cut your hair?

A couple of months ago, I think.

Last person you talked to on the phone?

Walt--I called him from the book club when we were setting up yesterday, to share something with him.

Loud or soft music?

Soft, unless I'm in the mood for a really loud classical piece.

McDonalds or Burger King?

McDonalds, though now that I found out that their hamburgers are also made with the same pink goo that the McNuggets are, I may have to change my mind.

Night or day?

Night.  It's quiet, the dogs are sleeping...

Number of pillows?

If I slept in a bed I would like to have at least 4 pillows, but since I sleep on the couch, I only use one.

Piano or guitar?

Piano, though I have children who play the guitar.

Current longing?

A transporter, so I don't have to face 8 hrs in the car to get to Santa Barbara.

Current disappointment?

Nobody has invented a transporter yet.

Current annoyance?

Not currently annoyed with anybody or at anything.

Last thing you ate?

A tortilla with butter

Last thing you bought?

A book called "Just Kids" from Amazon (it's for the book club's next season)

Pick a lyric, any lyric or a song...

I love "For Good" from Wicked

Pick a movie quote...

"I always think there's a band, kid" (from The Music Man)

No comments: