Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Stealing

1. What’s something you hide about your personality?
If I told you, I'd have to kill you...and it wouldn't be hidden any more.

2. How do you deal with criticism?
Very badly.  I am very sensitive when it comes to criticism. 

3. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
Arrange a reunion with me and all of the "special" foreigners who stayed with us over the years.  I got the idea from watching the movie, The Blue Veil, where at the end of her life, the heroine, who worked as a nanny all her life, has a reunion with all of the children she helped raise. I suspect it was a really bad movie, but you can't find a copy of it anywhere today.

4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why?
Kay Scarpetta, because she's cool, she's a great cook, and I'd like to find out why she has let Patricia Cornwell write so many really bad books about her (fortunately, the later ones have been OK).

5. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?
Peggy Morrison.

6. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents do?
Well, it's only my mother and of course the most infuriating thing she does isn't her fault...it's the fault of her short term memory loss.  But I don't blame her for it.

7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why?
Sancho Panza, because I'm round and klutzy and make a good sidekick.

8. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
I'd make a rotten movie hero.  I hate violence, couldn't use a weapon if my life defended on it, and my scream would be a pathetic, "Please, you, do not hurt me..."

9. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you?
Beaver Lake

10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?
There were many kinds of music that I learned to like when Peggy and I were friends (John Denver, Celine Dion, Shanaya Twain, etc.) that are all painful to listen to today.

11. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why?
A tribble.  Again, I'm round, soft, fluffy, and in my time have reproduced like crazy.  I also like wheat products.

12. Describe your dream library.
Like this, but with a big bay window looking out over some body of water (lake, pond, ocean, creek...I'm not particular!).


13. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?

Slow, interesting rides with no hills or valleys, but a side car that has drinks and snacks.

14. Do you have any “rules” about food?
I'm on the "see food" diet.  See it, eat it. 

15. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
Who cares?

16. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?
Well, good grief, if I'd be embarrassed to tell other people about it, why would I publish it in a public journal?

17. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for.
The Lawsuit years.  Meeting our kids in smoky bars, watching Paul cavorting on stage and David cavorting with Tom on the dance floor, the Horns of Adequacy, that great percussion break in Bottles of Chance and everybody dancing around the stage to Thank God,You're doing Fine.

Those were the days, my friend!

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

See food diet here, too!