Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Belated Sunday Stealing

This week's questions come from BackTalkk Quotes. They didn't say where they got it, but it was probably stolen as well.

IF I WON 100 MILLION DOLLARS....
What kind of car would you buy?
We just bought a new car that I love.  I am not interested in a new car (car models never really interested me anyway)

Where in the country would you move to?

I would stay here, at least while my mother is still here.

What kind of house would you buy?

Our mortgage is paid and we come under Prop 13 protections.  I like our house. We'd be silly to move, but I would make a lot of changes around here.   Oh...to actually hire workers!

Would you give your family any money?

Definitely.  We'd work out how to share the money with the kids, set up trust funds for Brianna and Lacie, and ensure that my mother could live without financial worries as long as she wants to.

What charity would you donate to?

-Compassion, International
-The Lamplighters
-Doctors Without Borders
-The Sheldrick Foundation (which rescues orphaned elephants in Kenya)
and probably more that I will undoubtedly hear from after my big announcement.

Would you give your friends any money?

Depends on why they needed it, but I'd definitely be happy to share.

Where would you go on vacation?

Africa, and then the inland passage to Alaska.

What luxury item would you buy first?

A super computer with a technician to set it up to my own specifications (and to be at  my beck and call whenever I need assistance)

Would it change your life?

Of course.  For one thing, I'd have to actually pay attention to money issues for a change.

Would you save any of it?

We would decide that with a financial planner.  At 73, we can be a little more cavalier about spending, but I want to be sure that we can live somewhere debt free until we die.

Would it change your current relationship?

I hope not

Would you quit your job?

Can you quit "retired"? 

Would you ever work again?

I would continue to be a theater critic, because I like being a theater critic (though having that much money would mean I could see things I want to see from the good seats and not have to see things I am not interested in, so maybe I would NOT work again.)

What one task would you never do again?

I wouldn't say "never" but having someone to plan meals, shop and clean up afterwards would be great...unless I felt like cooking myself

What dream of yours would you be able to do?

Give a major financial family gift to each of my 14 Compassion children!

Would you change the way you dress?

Definitely.  I would hire Omar the Tentmaker to make a wardrobe that actually fits and, as much as possible, flatters.

Would you change anything about your body?

I might actually go to a hairdresser and have my hair "done" each week, like my mother does.  Otherwise, no.

Would you miss anything about not being rich?

It would depend on how much my anonymity is disturbed.

Who would be the first person you tell?

Walt...and then a financial planner.

Would it bring you happiness?

Perhaps in the moment, but money does not buy true happiness.  I don't look for a financial windfall to make me happy.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you about hiring people to do the routine chores unless I feel the urge to do them myself.