Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunday Stealing



81. What’s your favorite action movie?
I'm not really into action movies much, so nothing comes to mind except that I watched the opening scene of Daniel Craig's first James Bond movie and it kept me on the treadmill longer and faster than I intended because it was so incredible.  My favorite caper action movie was Foul Play with Golde Hawn and Chevy Chase.

82. Have (or are) you ever been involved someone much older than you?

No.

83. Do you believe in lust at first sight?

Oh sure.  I'm sure everyone has looked at a stranger at one time or another and had their heart go pitter pat (think of the song "Some Enchanted Evening"), but that's a lousy basis for a relationship.

84. Favorite type of venomous snake?

I don't like snakes at all.  I held one once.  It peed on me.

85. Do you drink alcohol?

Sometimes.  I used to drink regularly, but now it's really mostly at Cousins Day.

86. If you wanted to talk to someone who'd lift your spirits, who'd you call?

Sad to say, I can't think of anyone. Char would comiserate, but I'm not sure we'd lift each other's spirits.

87. What do you wear to feel sexy?

I guess sweat pants and Birkinstocks don't count, huh?

88. Do you like to learn?

I do.  I'm always tickled to learn something new.  I've discovered over the years that I am not the classroom learning type, but I love finding oddball things to read that teach me something I didn't know before.  And it's much easier now that I forget so much because even if I learned it before, chances are I forgot.

89. Have you ever been hit on by someone who really overestimated their attractiveness?

There was a football player when I went to college who, I think, may have fit the bill, but I ruined his date night and never saw or spoke to him again, by mutual agreement.

90. Where did you last go on vacation?

China, Baby!

91. Dallas (as in J.R. & Bobby) returns this week. What film or TV series would you loved to be resurrected?

The West Wing, but sometimes wonderful shows like that should be allowed to fade into our memories.  The resurrections are rarely as good as we remember the original as being, Star Trek perhaps being the only exception.
I once helped write a show for The Lamplighters that was kind of ground-breaking and took everyone by surprise.  For years afterwards, people talked about brining it back because it had been so good.  But, you know...?  It had really good moments, but it wasn't really that good.  It was good because nobody had seen anything like it before and in the intervening years, new shows had been written that were far better.  I always discouraged bringing back Major General Hospital because I didn't want people to examine it critically and wonder why they loved it so much in the first place.

92. Explain your karma beliefs.

I'm not really into karma, but sometimes in my black heart, I hope that people who have done ill to us get their comuppance eventually.  I have seen it done, I think.

93. When do you think that you have a hard life?

Every time one of my children dies, I think life is pretty hard.

94. Favorite comic strip?

Peanuts.  Consistently funny, even in re-runs, now that Schulz has left us.

95. Have you ever broken a heart?

Yes.  Sucks.

96. Should pot be legalized?

Oh my word yes!!!  I have never smoked pot, but when I look at what police could be doing if they weren't out finding pot growers, I think it's a terrific waste of manpower.  Pot is not as destructive as alcohol, which we have no trouble with.   And if we legalized it, we could tax it and that might solve our economic problems right there, as well as eliminate some of the drug dealers who are getting rich selling pot.  People who use it medicinally would not have to try to get it illegally.   I see no bad and only good by legalizing pot.

97. Have you ever gone skinny dipping with someone that you shouldn't have?

No.

98. What do you do when you're down?

I eat and watch TV

99. Last time you were really angry?

Two days ago when that idiot in Wisconsin said that "vagina" was such an offensive word he wouldn't even use it in mixed company.


100. What is your favorite flavor in general?
A toss-up between chocolate and strawberry.  Chocolate is good, but you can't cut up chocolate and put it on your cereal.  Well, you can, I guess, but that would be pretty weird.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I did not ever consider snakes peeing. One more reason to not like them!