Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sunday Stealing


 I wrote this for Sunday, but then the Jubilee took precedence...and then yesterday there was the taco soup.  But finally, I am printing it!

41. Growing up, who was the easier mark: Mom or Dad?
Oh my mother, definitely.  I would never have gone to my father for anything.

42. What is the stupidest pet that you ever saw?
Well, I hesitate to call it "stupid," but I did once see a Duroc pig at the Alaska State Fair which was the size of an adolescent hippopotamus...and I found out later it was a house pet.  When I asked about the pig a few years later, I learned that the owner's wife had essentially said "the pig or me" and the owner chose the pig.


43. Tell us about a band whose every CD is a “must have”.

Don't know enough about modern bands to have a clue.

44. Where you surprised when Jim Parsons came out?

Well, I didn't realize he had, but he set off my gaydar from the first day I saw him.   It doesn't surprise me to hear he has come out.  (More surprising was when Matt Boener of White Collar came out.)  I'm so pleased to see that more public figures are coming out...maybe if enough modern cultural icons admit they are gay, it will reduce the amount of bullying of kids who are struggling with their sexual identity.

45. Have you ever shoplifted?

When I was a little kid, we lived a few houses from a corner store.  The owners always let us play behind the counter and I always stole a few penny chocolate candies.   I suspect the owner knew that all the time.

46. We currently have a person who plays both this meme and Saturday 9 who signs in to Mr. Linky every week. Yet, if you click on that link, you are told that only “members” can read the blog. Why do you think that person even bothers to sign in or for that matter, do the meme? (Don't misunderstand, we have no rules and we aren't angry. But it is damn peculiar, no?)

I've seen many instances where people include a link that can only be accessed with a password--maybe it's a signal to a select few that an entry has been posted.

47. Have you ever driven a Ferrari?

No.

48. What do you call those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces?

Little plastic things on the ends of the shoelaces.

49. Have you ever walked more than a mile?

Oh sure.  My feet don't like it, but whenever we go on vacation and take walking tours we walk more than a mile.

50. Do you believe in magic?

Not the prestidigitation kind.  There are magical moments in life, but magicians are all trickery

51. Have you ever been arrested?

Nope

52. Have you ever skinny dipped?

Twice, in my father's pool.

53. Explain what you think about hippies.

Real hippies don't exist any more.  Having grown up in San Francisco in the 50s and 60s, hippies were just a part of the landscape.

54. New York or California?

California, of course.

55. Have you ever been dumped?

Yes.  It hurts.

56. What are you wearing right now?

Shorts and my infamous Jello t-shirt from the Jello museum in LeRoy, New York.

57. John Edwards had a mistrial. How do you think he conducted himself after the verdict?

It's fine if he wants to wear a hair shirt, but he should do it in private.  All that mea culpa and "gonna do penance" stuff didn't belong in front of the camera.  He should go away and do his penance away from the cameras for a few years, then I'll believe his apologies.

58. Did you watch the series finale of House?

Not yet.  I stopped watching House about 2 or 3 years ago, so I don't have the back story in the build-up to the finale, but I did want to see it, so recorded it, and will watch it eventually.

59. You may need to go back a long way if you are old like Harriet. Who was the last person who asked you out? (Or that asked you out. Same dumb question either way.)

Since Harriet is in a mommy blog and since all of my children are in their 40s, I suspect I am waaaay older than Harriet.  Walt and I are about to celebrate our 47th anniversary, so no, I can't remember the last person before Walt who asked me out!!!

60. Do you have any collections?

Refrigerator magnets, spoons, mementos of places we have visited, and dust bunnies.  I don't actively collect anything at the moment (except dust bunnies) because I have too much junk, but I still have my spoons and magnets and tsatskes.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

#59 -- For a minute I thought you meant me!

I may have to do this meme just to clear that up.