Today is my birthday. Here are thirteen things I’ve learned in the past 68 years
1. Never lose the opportunity to tell someone you love them...you may never see them again
2. They aren’t kidding when they tell you to learn to like exercise when you’re young–by 68, it’s too late
3. Mushrooms taste better than you think they do as a kid.
4. It is possible to be on the road an entire holiday weekend and see no other cars (or pavement)
5. A college degree isn’t everything
6. Collecting “stuff” can get out of control
7. It really IS better to go to the head, instead of the foot
8. Your body is much happier in good fitting shoes, whether they are stylish or not
9. A good friend is more precious than gold
10. Living a long, long life is not necessarily a good thing.
11. You can live without a lot of things, as long as you have good books around you.
12. Happiness is a warm puppy...or a whole litter of warm puppies
13. The older you get, the shorter the interval between birthdays.