Sunday, July 23, 2017

Sunday Stealing

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog, authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post.

This is from Around the House, which hasn't posted since 2014, so it's obviously pretty old. It asks us to look around the house and then answer a few questions.

Bedroom: what’s your sleep schedule?
Bwahaha.  What sleep schedule?  Actually, I guess I do have some sort of weird schedule.  The dogs and I usually go into the living room to sleep around midnight and then I wake up some time between 3 and 4 (they don't), when I move to the recliner and sleep for a couple more hours.  If I'm lucky I sleep until 6:30 or 7.  Today I actually slept until 8:30I didn't even hear Walt making coffee.

Kitchen: favorite comfort food?
Carbs.  Bread. Tortillas, crackers and junk food, which I rarely buy.  Also peanut butter.

Washroom: showers or baths? bubbles? bath bombs?
Shower.  Ever since I worked for a gynecologist and found out the kinds of genital problems things like bubble bath stuff can cause, I have no desire to lounge around in a bubble bath (though it always looks so nice!).

Closet: sum up your style in a few words.
Comfort, boring.  Black pants + t-shirts

Parlor: favorite party or board game?
I sorely miss Cousins Days, when we spent 2-3 days playing non-stop "65," a card game, or canasta.  I loved playing cards with my 2 cousins (now both dead) and my mother (now no longer able to play even the most simple card game).

Living room: what do you like to do with your family?
With everybody scattered around the country, we rarely get together en masse, but when we are together my very favorite thing to do is listen to the kids talking and laughing together.  Nothing lifts my spirits more than that.

Dining room: favorite special occasion food?
Fresh cracked crab with warm French bread, or a delicious leg of lamb with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.

Garden: favorite tree? flower?
I love the graceful beauty of a weeping willow.  I wanted to plant one in our yard after David died, but we never did.  As for flower, I love roses that have a scent to them, which home grown do and florist shop roses do not.  I remember when I worked for Dr. G, who always brought roses in from his garden and I remember the violet ones had the strongest scent.

Attic: what’s one thing you have a sentimental attachment to and you will never throw away?
Well, we have no attic, so I can't look up there, but the one thing I have a sentimental attachment to and will never throw away is Delicate Pooh, a Pooh bear which has been thoroughly loved by each of our children, in turn, and has very little oomph left in his body these days.  The dog once ate his face off and Jeri repaired it as a Christmas gift for me.  He now lives in a giant mayonnaise jar in a place of honor in our living room.  I case of fire, I would grab Pooh before anything else.

Library: favorite book genre?
Crime drama, like those of Harlan Coben, Michael Connelly, Tess Gerritsen and others.

Office: if you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
If I were much younger and much more physically fit, I would love to volunteer at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya and help save orphaned elephants.

Guest room: have you been to a sleepover? if so, when was your first? do you like them?
Of course.  We used to have them all the time when I was in grammar and high school.  The last time I had a sleepover was our last Cousins day.

Foyer: do you like small gatherings, large parties, or one-on-one meetings?
Small gatherings with interesting people that I can sit back and listen to.  Thinking of two friends, both of whom are theater experts.  Listening to them talk together is one of my favoritest things.

Pantry: favorite meal to make?
Hmmm.... I don't know that I have a favorite meal to make.  Usually when we are having guests I try to find a dish I've never made before that sounds interesting.

Garage: favorite mode of transportation? favorite car?
I've only done it a couple of times but I love riding the train. For everyday transportation, though I do love our Honda.  I don't pay attention to car brands.  If it's comfortable and I can play my iPod audiobooks and it has air conditioning, I am happy.

Panic room: what was the most nerve-wracking experience you’ve had?
Sitting at a party in New York, which was given in our honor and receiving a phone call telling us that our youngest son had been in an auto accident, was in the hospital and not expected to live until we got home.  Sitting in the hotel later, talking to a disembodied stranger and telling her that yes of course, she could remove our son's organs and give them to someone else.

Powder room: do you wear makeup? if so, what one item can’t you live without? what’s your favorite look?
I haven't worn any makeup in years.

No comments: