Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's meme. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Let's go!!!

From: Quizopolis
Favorite summer flower:

sunflower.jpg (67543 bytes)

Flavor of ice cream:

Hard to nail down just one, but the one I probably order Butter Pecan more often than anything else.

Mode of transportation:
Car.  I enjoy the scenery, can listen to music or a book in the car, rest stops en route, etc..  Of course, driving a long distance can get to ya after awhile.   Going long distances, I prefer an airplane (though I would love to take the train across the Canadian Rockies)
Music:
These days, probably show music is what I listen to when I listen to music (which isn't often).

Food:

Dungeness crab, of course ... or anything I don't have to cook myself.  For dining out, my first choice is usually Chinese or Mexican.

Favorite game to play:

I loved Cousins Days and our marathon games of the card game "65," which aren't possible any more, since Kathy is dead, Peach has moved halfway across the country, and my mother has dementia, so right now my favorite (and only) game is Word with Friends.

Earliest childhood summer memory:

Going to Sunnyside Cottages at Boyes Hot Springs.  It's where I learned to swim.   I remember that "Mona Lisa" played it seemed all the time at the swimming pool complex and I ate Neopolitan taffy. I occasionally got to ride horses when I was older, and on one of those vacations, when I was 7,  I got my very first hair cut, leaving my long curls on the floor of the beauty shop.

Favorite Drink:

Water.  Cold water (either from a cooler, or over ice)

Favorite Snack:

Hmmm...maybe peanuts? Usually something salty and crunchy.

Place to read:

In my recliner.

Most annoying:

Chris Matthews (I used to like him), Carl Rove & Dick Cheney (never liked them)

How I handle the heat:

Air conditioning, fans, and ice water.

Pet Peeve:

I just came from the post office, where I mail things at least once a week.   They now have a sign asking you about what's in your package, if you need special services, if you want to buy a mail box, etc.  Even though I point to the sign and say "no - no - no- no" to each of the four columns, they have to ASK me the questions for each column every. frigging. time.  Drives me nuts.

All-time favorite bathing suit:

It has been so long since I wore a bathing suit, I can't even remember what suits I used to have.

Best Time of Day:

After dinner when I have no guilt about watching TV or working on the computer (which I do all day anyway, but it's only guilt-less after dinner!)  I used to love morning and I still do, but getting up in the morning signals the dogs that it's time to go berserk so I'm more likely to lounge about for awhile before letting them know I'm functional.

Summer movie:

I'm not a big movie watcher, not because I don't love movies, but because we just never seem to get to the theater, so I'm not up on current movies, no matter what the season.  But for a movie about summer, In the Good Old Summertime. Summerstock, or Summertime are favorites.

Happy Day 20:  

Day 20 -- Happiness is finding yourself stopped at a stoplight
and  realizing that the car in front of you has an interesting backside.
 

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

LOVE the bumper stickers!!!