Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

My first thirteen list. Taking an idea from "Thoughts from Miller Manor," and listing 13 technological gizmos I could live without, but would prefer not to.

  1. Digital Camera. It goes everywhere with me, whether I ever use it or not.
  2. iTouch. Never dreamed I would enjoy it as much as I do. I have read twice as many books using the Kindle App than I have in the past four years.
  3. External Hard Drive. I would love to get one of those multi terabyte ones, but this one has extended the storage of my computer significantly.
  4. Caller ID. I don't answer 800 numbers and sometimes don't answer the calls of people I just don't feel like talking to at that time. I don't want to be a slave to the telephone.
  5. Cell Phone. I could live without my cell phone. I don't use it that much, but I do appreciate it when I want to text someone or make a call without having to find a pay phone.
  6. My computer, of course. Where would I be without the computer. So much more than simply a "technical gizmo."
  7. iPod. Different from the iTouch. My iPod has 30 gig storage and is where I keep all my music and download recordings of the radio show "Says You" each week.
  8. Digital Card Reader. It's so much easier than having to connect the camera to the computer when I want to download photos.
  9. Flip Video. I don't use it all that much, but really like the quality of the photos, which are much better than the video I can take on my digital camera.
  10. Individual fan. So nice to have it by my side where I can reach it when I'm hot. I'm very spoiled.
  11. Remote control. They say you should get exercise getting up and changing the channel on the TV, but I discovered that you can't change the channel on a Comcast box without the remote. Unless you want to go from Channel 3 to Channel 999 one channel at a time! I have become the Queen of the Remote Control.
  12. Flash Drive(s). Makes it so much easier to move between desktop and laptop.
  13. Cassette. I'm actually not sure what you call it, but it's the faux cassette that goes into the casette player in the car that will let me play stuff on my iPod through the car speakers.

1 comment:

jillconyers said...

Great T13! I don't know, it seems impossible to live without a digital camera (goes with me everywhere too), cell phone and a computer.