Thursday, October 22, 2009

Things You Can't Live Without

You never know where things are going to lead when you follow a simple link. It started here:

canburger.jpg (15544 bytes)

Cheeseburger in a can. I just love the photo, with the fresh lettuce hanging out the side and a bun that is taller than the actual can that the cheeseburger is supposed to come in. I can't think of anything as disgusting as a cheeseburger in a can. But if I found it on a shelf I'd probably buy it just to find out how horrible it really is!

But you know. It's a slippery slope. It wasn't long before I was researching other odd products on the net.

I was amazed to discover this, for example:

PlacentaShampoo.jpg (9696 bytes)

I actually found references to placenta shampoo everywhere, including a discussion about whether this was human placenta, animal placenta, or vegetable placenta. I never knew there was such a thing as vegetable placenta.

So when I went looking for a picture of a bottle of placenta shampoo, I came across this.

placentasandwich.jpg (22418 bytes)

You probably don't want to know what it is. But it looks like ciabatta bread on the outside.

This looks a little better (but not much)

brekkie and dessert.jpg (21355 bytes)

This aparently is a day's worth of food in one dish, from the eggs to beans to sausage to fruit, all in a lovely mold with mayonnaise tying it together. I may pass. (It gets worse the closer you look at it!)

Here's a lovely invention for the couple that wants to cut the cost of their smoking habit, but don't really want to give up cigarettes entirely. Finish this sentence: "The couple that smokes together....."

cigholder.jpg (22930 bytes)

For the conservationists, there is a solar powered bra...

solarbra.com (7689 bytes)

which can generate enough electric energy to charge a mobile phone or an iPod. Unfortunately it only works in the sunlight, so unless you want to wear your bra without a shirt, it doesn't really do anything. "But it does send the message of how lingerie could possibly save the planet," the inventor said.

Finally, the Japanese, ever the leaders in really weird products have come up with a camouflage to prevent attack by street muggers.

vending.jpg (65464 bytes)

You just slip on this little costume (bottom right...see the feet?) and everybody thinks you're a vending machine. (I'm not sure how you get home, though...or what happens when someone slips a coin in a slot and expects a coke to appear!) There is apparently a companion ensemble piece which looks like a manhole cover. You slip your valuables in it and toss it onto the street to foil would-be robbers.

I think all this proves that there is no end to the creativity -- or lunacy -- of human beings!

7 comments:

wineandroasts said...

How funny! Thanks for sharing all that crazy stuff!

::mingle::

Jennifer said...

Gak - I think I'm still dry heaving over the cheeseburger in a can. Ewwwww... Pretty funny stuff though.

*mingle

Bev Sykes said...

Even moreso than a placenta sandwich??

christina said...

Okay, the placenta sandwich...ick. I feel a little gaggy now.

But the smoking one seems logical!

christina
iclw

jon said...

mingle****
placenta shampoo after cheeseburger in the can. sounds good to me.

kathi said...

This post definitely wins as both funniest and scariest post of the day or maybe even the month. And may I say that I am SO proud to have my roots in the culture that came up with the vending machine anti-crime costume!

:: mingle mingle ::

Jen E said...

How great!! It's amazing what you can find! Mingling--fashionably late! :)