Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1991)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Ms. Kitt sings that her lover is her favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now.
 
 
 This is a painting by one of the gyn doctors I worked for, supposedly of me, when I left the office (notice it says "The Word Goddess").  I had no idea she painted.

2) She asks him to not change his hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?
"Stylist" never.  Cutter soon.  I go to SuperCuts and I am due for a haircut.

3) Ms. Kitt always wanted to be a performer and attended the New York School of Performing Arts (aka the "Fame" school). Think back to your high school self. In what ways would you be surprised by how your life turned out? Well, at the time I graduated from high school, I planned to enter the convent 3 months later.  Obviously I didn't.

4) Ms. Kitt took over the role of Catwoman on TV's Batman. Name another Batman villain.
Is The Joker from Batman?

5) Ms. Kitt enjoyed tremendous success performing in Parisian nightclubs. Have you ever been to Paris
Yes.  Twice.  I need to give Paris a third try.  I had always dreamed of being in Paris but missed the special feeling I always felt I would have.  Nice city and some nice memories but unpleasant memories too.  It was not the "magical" city I expected it to be.
  
This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

6
) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for next Wednesday? No.

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?
Walt's, of course.
 
8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. What's the last greeting card you received? My birthday is next week and today I received a birthday card from the volunteers at the local hospital
  
9) Men buy and send more roses at Valentine's Day than women do. What's your favorite flower? I used to always say yellow roses, but lately Walt has bought me red roses and I loved them.

No comments: