Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday Stealing

1) What was your dream growing up?
To own my own horse, but that was difficult to do in a rented flat in San Francisco.

2) What talent do you wish you had?
Hmmm....I wish I had inherited the music gene that I passed down from my grandfather and my father to my children.

3) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Well, if you're BUYING, one of the frou-frou rum drinks that come with a little umbrella...or maybe the $250 mint julep I saw them preparing on the Kentucky Derby coverage today.  Just to see if it's worth $250.

4) What was the last book you read?
"The Rage of Plum Blossom" by Charlotte M. Whitehead, which was a freebee I got from Amazon for my Kindle.   It was nothing to write home about.  Now I'm reading "A Handmaid's Tale," which I've never read before.

5) Worst Habit?
Laziness, procrastination

6) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
If you were someone I knew, sure I'd offer to give you a ride.  If you were a stranger, probably not.

7) What is your favorite sport?
Today, horse racing!!! Though, now I feel guilty for enjoying it.

8) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Well, might as well take the opportunity to get to know you better.

9) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Burying our 24 year old youngest child in 1996 and our 30 year old middle child in 1999.

10) Tell me one weird fact about you.
I used to be a cake decorator, for about five years.

11) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
I'd invite you in and apologize for the mess.

12) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
I would be thin.

13) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Depends on the crime, and who "you" are. 

14) Ever been arrested?
No.

15) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
$10,000 doesn't buy as much today as it used to!   I were to win it today, I'd buy my mother a new bed (which she needs when she moves to the memory unit later this month because her present bed is too big), buy some working speakers for my computer and someone to install them, and gift my sponsored children through Compassion, Int'l

16) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
As a retired person, all the time I have is "spare."  I love watching TV and reading...and also writing.

17) Biggest pet peeve?
The current occupant of the White House

18) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
Fat

19) Do you believe in/appreciate romance?
Yes, I both believe in and appreciate romance.

No comments: