Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday Stealing


Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed?
I sleep on a couch in the living room.  There is no closet there.  But if I were in a bedroom with a closet, it would probably be closed, but not out of fear of boogie men or anything else.

Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
Of course.  Isn't that what they're there for?

Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room? Yes.

Where is your next vacation?
None planned this year...or in the future.  We don't even have a trip to Santa Barbara to visit the grandchildren planned at the moment.

Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
I want to say no, but somehow I think that in my youth I may have done that.  I don't really remember, tho.

Who do you think reads these?
Other Sunday Stealers...or at least a couple of them (judging from reaction I get in comments, just a couple of people)

Do you have a calendar in your room?
"My room" is my office.  I have a desk calendar on my desk.

Where are you?
In my office.

What’s your plan for the day?
My plan for the actual Sunday is to take flowers and candy to my 97 year old mother, who will be delighted, but won't have a clue that it is Mother's day.  Then come home and make dinner for myself.  (We're going out to dinner with our son and his wife on Tuesday to celebrate)

Are you reading any books right now?
I am almost finished with two:  "The Blackbird Papers" by Ian Smith and "The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Weiner.  Weiner is trying to see if there is a best place in the world to be happy.  So far Bhutan (where "Shangri La" was set) comes close...and you don't ever want to visit Moldova, which is the saddest place on earth, according to some survey...though perhaps Somalia may have replaced it by now)

Do you ever count your steps when you walk?  No

Have you ever peed in the woods?
I don't think I have in the woods, though I did in the bushes of a nearby park when I was a kid.  Times were desperate, I was alone and there was no bathroom.  No crime goes unpunished.  I tore the seat of my pants and had to walk home with my underwear hanging out (I was in grammar school at the time).  Still my most embarrassing moment.

Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
I don't dance if there IS music playing!

Do you chew your pens and pencils?  No

What is your “Song of the Week”?  I don't have one.

Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Of course. I know a lot of guys who wear pink.  The whole pink/blue thing is ridiculous.

Do you still watch cartoons?
I don't go out of my way to watch them, but I do enjoy them when I see them.  Like The Simpsons and some of the full length animated movies.

What's your favorite love movie?
Oh lots.  Off the top of my head:  Love in the Afternoon, Notting Hill, The Clock, Roman Holiday, Brokeback Mountain, Affair to Remember

What do you drink with dinner?
Water.  Usually about 2 pints.

What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?
In the days before I found out about the pink slime that is used to make chicken nuggets (a rumor now debunked by McDonald's...but I still find them difficult to think about eating), my favorite dip was honey mustard.

What is your favorite food/cuisine?
Probably Chinese, with Mexican a close second. Oh.;..and crab.  I can't forget crab.

What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Movies I have and do:  A Star is Born, Air Force One, Dave, and most MGM musicals.

Last person you hugged/kissed?  Walt

Were you ever a boy/girl scout?  Yes.


Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Good lord, no!!!

No comments: