Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Stealing


Well this one could be pretty depressing!

Do you keep notes, drawings or letters that people give you?
Often, often, often.  If I didn't, I wouldn't have this huge pile of "stuff" to sort through in my living room right now!

How many true best friends are present in your life?
Not counting my family, only two...Char and Jeri from the Pinata Group, though I almost never see Jeri, except rarely here on FB.  When I was getting ready to go to college, a friend of my parents told me that I would make friends there who would be lifelong friends--and obviously she was right.  There have been good friends, even BFFs, who have come into my life and then abruptly left, but only these two have stayed.  I should also add Steve and Ron here too, though since they have both moved on in their lives, we don't really cross paths as much as we used to. 

Do you currently have a significant other?
We are about to celebrate our 51st anniversary.

Would you be able to stand being in the same room as someone you hate?
I have only been faced with that decision once, because I don't really hate anybody.  But I hated this guy.  Truly hated him and there was to be a reception after a show. I just couldn't bring myself to go.  I went to the car and cried, while Walt visited with him.

Do you depend on people at all, in any way?
Sure.  People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.

Have you ever lost a close friend?
Too many.  Some to death (those are the easy ones).

Has anybody ever held a grudge against you for a dumb reason?
I don't know why Peggy holds a grudge against me, but she obviously hates me and I assume it's for a dumb reason, but I will never know.  This came about more than 5 years ago and it still hurts, though I still don't now why she decided to remove me so painfully from her life.

Have you ever stayed up late talking to someone you like on the phone or online?
On the phone, not for years, if ever.  But in the days when I did chatting on line, not now, I did many times.

Have you ever felt backstabbed by a close friend?
See the above answer about Peggy.

Have you ever regretted ignoring anybody?
I'm sure I have, though nobody comes to mind at present.

Have you written or drawn anything for somebody else?
Drawn, no.  Written, sure.  I write stuff all the time,  Poems, letters, "things" about someone.  My life is an overabundance of crap I have written.

Do you tend to hide your emotions from certain people? How do you hide them?
I feel I am very private in my emotions from just about everybody.  They are just all deeply buried.

Do your friends know how to make you smile in tough times?
Probably

Could you picture yourself on a reality TV show?
Good lord, not in a million years!  Did you see the latest episode of Law and Order, SVU, where one of the contestants on a reality show was raped during shooting of the show?  That episode was a real, not surprising, eye-opener about how such shows are filmed and the contractual obligations of the participants.  I never watch them (talking about the mating and dating ones here) and have no desire to.

Are you better at drawing or coloring?
I only remember drawing one thing in my life that I liked, and that was a picture of toddler David taking a nap. (it's in my book "How I Did It").  And I have not gotten into the rediscovered art of coloring, but I know I would be better at it than at drawing.

Do you prefer meat or seafood?
It depends on which meat and which seafood.  If it's lamb, I like lamb.  If it's crab, it's no surprise to any regular reader that I love crab.  But I find I eat less and less meat these days and, thanks to Blue Apron, more fish than I have in my life.

Have you ever read the Bill of Rights / Declaration of Independence?
Sure.  But not in a very long time.

Would you rather become a police officer or a firefighter?
Decisions, decisions.  Neither, but if I had to choose it would be a police officer on desk duty.


Today was the first day my mother didn't recognize me. I don't know WHEN she didn't recognize me. She's always friendly and gracious and you never know what she is really thinking, but at one point she asked me the usual question, "what are you doing tonight?" When I said that I was going to review a show she said "Yeah, Bev likes to do that too." When I answered "yes I do" she said, "No, I meant BEV likes to do that." When I said *I* am Bev, she suddenly popped into reality again and realized who I was. Whether she popped out sometime after I arrived, or didn't know for the first 20 minutes I was there who I was, I have no idea.

No comments: