Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: What Hurts the Most (2006)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What hurts Sam the most is her sole, since she just found that earring she thought was lost by stepping on it with her bare foot. How about you? Any aches and pains to report?
Oh lots, but all not worth complaining about.  Mostly back ache and knees shot.

2) What's the last thing you misplaced? Did you find it?
Lemme tell you, this is the week of the Big Cleanup, where my son has removed everything from my office (including all furniture) so he can paint it for me and build new shelves.  I've pretty much lost everything and spend most of my day looking for this and that.  Most things I eventually find.

3) Lead singer Gary LeVox sings that he's not afraid to cry. When is the last time you shed a tear?
I cry at everything -- Hallmark cards, cute animal videos, sad--or happy TV endings, birth stories, when a contestant wins the Big Prize on a quiz show. I can't remember when the very last thing was that made me cry.

4) Gary auditioned for another country group, Little Big Town, but didn't get in. Considering how successful Rascal Flatts has been, he's probably not sorry. Tell us about something you thought you wanted, but later weren't so sure.
I can't think of anything specific, but I am sure there have been a few instances in my life.

5) The country group has their roots in Columbus, Ohio. What else is Ohio known for?
For ME, Ohio is best known for Georgia Griffith, the "Helen Keller of Ohio."  She's long gone now, but was a friend who was blind from birth, deaf from her 40s and who ran some of the most popular discussion forums on Compuserve, including one that helped people with handicaps learn to use a computer (when computers were still new for the general public).  Georgia communicated by way of a "versibraille," where you would type your comment or question on one machine and it would be transcribed for her on the connected machine, she'd read it in Braille on her own machine, and then respond by speech because she could still talk, since she didn't lose her hearing until she was middle aged.  She spoke many languages, was a Braille music proofreader for the Library of Congress, and was honored by The Smithsonian for her contributions to computer technology for the handicapped.


6) Lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney married model and former Miss Georgia, Tiffany Fallon. Many major pageants give prizes in the talent, congeniality and swimsuit competitions. Would you prefer to have exceptional skills, a great personality, or a terrific body?
Exceptional skills.  Heck, I'd settle for improving the talents I have already.

7) 2006, the year this song was popular, was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What's the last game you won? (Yes, Words with Friends counts.)
Well, if Word with Friends counts, then it would be a Words with Friends game, since that's about all I play these days.  In all honesty, I don't really keep track of who wins and who loses; I just enjoy playing.

8) Actor Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy in 2006 for his portrayal of detective Adrian Monk on Monk. Who's your favorite TV detective?
I loved Monk.  TV detectives have not been the same since that show ended.  But I do watch several detective shows now, but I guess NCIS and Criminal Minds don't count as detectives.

9) Random question ... You've just won an all-expenses-paid trip but now you have to choose: Carnival in Brazil, the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France, or the Running of the Bulls in Spain?
I'd go with Brasil, though probably would skip Carnival because I'd be too busy visiting all the friends I have in Rio and Sao Paulo.

No comments: