Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Stealing

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
I rarely buy shoes...only when I have to.  I think the oldest is the pair I'm wearng now, my Birkinstocks, which a friend bought for me in 1999.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
We usually get the mints and the peanutbutter ones, and maybe the regular shortbread, but none of them taste as good as they used to and they are SO expensive!

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance?
I took ballroom dancing as a P.E. class in college, but we never go dancing and I think the last time I danced was at Tom's wedding in 2003.  I have forgotten everything I ever learned in my class.

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Pathetically responsible.  Very boring child.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
Before the awards, none.  Since, two (Dallas Buyers Club and Philomena)

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
Makes no difference.  Medical procedures don't bother me (I worked in medical offices for too long!)

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Thursday, the day I volunteer at the used book store.

8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received??
Whenever someone compliments me on something I've written, I love it.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Heck no.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Office Max

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
Some, like Best Foods mayonnaise and Skippy peanutbutter

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
I've never thought about it.  Probably looking into someone's eyes while telling them how I feel

13. What’s one thing you’re deeply proud of — but would never put on your résumé?
I made some pretty darn good looking cakes in my cake decorating years.  And I raised some really wonderful orphan puppies to toddlerhood, when they could be adopted.

14. What’s the most out-of-character choice you’ve ever made?
Probably going to Australia without Walt.

15. What’s your personal anthem or theme song?
Probably "For Good" from Wicked.  I have been influenced by a few special friends in my life.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

For Good is a wonderful song.