Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday Stealing


1 - Who was the last person you texted?
My last series of text messages were with Walt, on my 8 hour drive home from Santa Barbara on Tuesday.

2 - When is your birthday?
February

3 - Who do you want to be with right now?
Nobody comes to mind.  I am enjoying being alone in my office.

4 - What sports do you play?
I play a mean game of TV remote.

5 - Who is the first person in your blogroll?
My friend Steve is the first on my list (he is historically about the 6th person to start a blog on the Internet) and is still writing, though at a different site.

6 - What is your favorite song at the moment?
I'm going to have to write a blog entry about me and songs and why I can never answer a question like this!

7 - If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with?
Char, of course.  We bring out the best (and worst) in each other.

8 - What do you feel right now?
Physically, chilly.  I need to put on a sweater; emotionally, as anxious as everyone else is about Tuesday's election.

9 - What chocolate is your favorite?
Love anything milk chocolate, like Dove or Lindt.  See's candies are my favorites.

10 - How many boyfriends/girlfriends did you have?
Romantically?  About 4-6.

11 - Why did you create a blog account?
My original thought was to find out if I was capable of creating an Erma Bombeck-length column every day (in case anyone ever asked me to write one; no one ever has).  After more than 6,000 entries, I think I proved to myself that I can, though none of them have ever equaled Erma.

12 - Who is your favorite blogger?
I don't read as many blogs as I used to, but probably the ones I read most regularly are Schuyler's Monster,  written by Rob Rummel-Hudson (been reading him for >16 years), Life of Wry, written by my friend Kari Peterson, and at least twice a week, Country Dew's Blue Country Magic.  But there are a whole raft of blogs on my Feedly list that I read when I have the time.

13 - Where do you want to be right now?
I'm happy to be where I am right now.  Though if I could be transported magically anywhere in the world, lounging on some balcony in Arles, France would be nice (as long as I don't have to pack and fly to get there!)

14 - What do you want to be in the future?
At 73, I don't think in those terms any more!

15 - When was the last time you cried? Why?
I've said this before, but I cry very easily.  I think the last time I cried was with emotion when the Cubs won the World Series (and I'm not even a Cubs fan!)

16 - Are you happy?
Happy enough

17 - Who do you miss?
Same people as always -- by two dead sons, my two dead cousins and my dead best friend Gilbert.

18 - If you were given a chance, would you like to have a different life?
I don't think so.  Anything in my life which might not be to my liking is part of other things in my life which are very special and important to me.

19 - What was the best thing you were given?
Recently?  The new office Ned built for me.

20 - Who was the last person who called you?
We have had many phone calls today, all either robo calls or calls reminding me to vote for this or that candidate, this or that proposition.  I have not had a personal call today.

21 - What is your favorite dish?
Difficult to say.  I love anything with Dungeness crab, anything with roast lamb, chow mien, chile rellenos, pad thai, etc., etc.

22 - Who is your best friend?
Char has been my best friend for 60 years or so.

23 - What is your biggest regret?
I regret not finishing college, but if I had finished college, my life today would be completely different and it's not worth giving up what I have for having done that.

24 - Have you ever avoided your partner?
We've been married 51 years.  Of course I have.

25 - Who do you spend crazy moments with?
I would say that most, if not all, of the crazy moments I have had in my life have been with Char, everything from trying to stuff two full sized Christmas trees in her compact car, all the crazy things we did at "Eric's Property" to our annual pumpkin pie fights.  And so many more.

No comments: