Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Hold It Against Me (2011)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Britney Spears addresses this song to a dance partner when she hears her favorite song. What song always makes you want to get up and dance? I can't think of a single song that makes me want to get up and dance, which is why my mother's constant question to me, "are you going dancing tonight?" drives me crazy.
2) She sings that she needs a vacation. How about you? If you could escape anywhere for an affordable three-day weekend, where would you go?
Affordable 3 days? Since I just got back from Santa Barbara (which was an affordable 5 days), it's difficult to think about needing a vacation. In fact this is my vacation from the hustle and bustle of time with the grandkids. I honestly can't think of anywhere I would go for just 3 days. I'd rather just stay home than pack, drive, and settle in someplace different for only 3 days. (I am becoming an old poop in my old age)
3) Britney shows off her dance moves in this video. Her coordination shouldn't be surprising, since she was already an accomplished gymnast in grade school. If we asked you to turn a somersault right now, could you do it?
Not if you paid me a million bucks!
4) Britney's first and only feature film was Crossroads, written by Shonda Rhimes. Ms. Rhimes is famous for writing popular TV series including Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, The Catch and How to Get Away with Murder. Have you watched any Shonda Rhimes shows?
I have watched Grey's Anatomy and Scandal since the beginning and am still hooked. I don't remember The Catch and I tried to get into Murder but just could not, so I don't watch that one.
5) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. Do you share either of these bad habits?
I have lots of bad habits, but those are not two of them.
6) Britney prefers Margherita pizza to thin slice or deep dish pizza. What's your pizza preference?
Regular white crust (not thin) with sausage and mushrooms.
7) In 2011, when this song was popular, Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton was big news. Are you a royal watcher?
Not a "watcher" so much. If there is a new story, or new baby pictures, I'll check it out, but I"m not ga-ga about the royal family the way some folks are.
8) Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died in 2011. Do you have a Mac, and iPad or an iPhone?
I have an iPod, and iPad and and iPhone. I wouldn't have a Mac if you gave me one.
9) Random question: Which friend annoys you more, the one who interrupts you all the time, or the one who is never on time?
Probably the one who interrupts me all the time. There is someone in my life like that and I end up mutteringi "whatever" under my breath and letting him take over. I don't think he has actually listened to anything I've said (other than answers to questions he has asked) in 10 years.
Tardiness drives me nuts too, but if I have someone I know is chronically late, I kind of mentally prepare for it.