Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Stealing


Who was the last person that you held hands with?
My mother, when she was in the emergency room this week and was scared.

Are you loud, outgoing or shy?
very shy

Who are you looking forward to see?
Well, our granddaughter's 5th birthday is next week but our dog sitter is dealing with a colicky newborn and I don't want to ask her to dog sit for us, so Walt is going down by himself for the party and I will drive down a week or so later to visit the girls and watch them play soccer.  Haven't seen them in awhile, so I am looking forward to seeing them again. I am becoming the long distance grandma I vowed I would never be.

Are you easy to get along with?
Well, I think so.  You'll have to ask others to get the real truth.

Have you ever given up on someone, only to let them back into your lives? Why?

No.  Once people leave my life they seem never to return, though that is not necessarily my choice.  (E.g., Melody, Phil, Olivia, Alison, Peggy just for starters)

If you were ill, which TV doctor or nurse would you want to take care of you?
Oh, Marcus Welby, of course!  Or maybe Dr. McCoy...he can examine you and cure you without touching you.  Keep me far away from Gregory House!

Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
I worked in an ob/gyn office for 12 years and was friends with Lemrel, a little ol' school marm with a secret BDSM life.  I have probably heard it all, and it does not embarrass me.

Who was the last person that you had serious conversation with?
Son Ned.

What was the last text message you received about?
It was a text from my daughter telling me that the Cinderella dress for the show for which she was playing in the orchestra had "broken" and the show was starting late.

Do you believe in luck and/or miracles?
Well, of course there is luck.  Whether it's some sort of magical thing that some people have and some don't, I don't know (but if such thing exists, I don't have it).  As for miracles, yes, I believe in miracles.  I was a miracle baby....tumor on my neck as a baby disappeared the day after my godmother took me to church and prayed for me, or so the story goes.

What good thing happened this summer?
My son built a beautiful office for me!


(This only shows 1/3 of it...and was taken before I started filling the shelves and using my new craft desk)

Convince us why we should or should not believe in life on other planets?
Because Gene Roddenberry told us we should.

Who was your first crush on?
It's crazy, but it was on a boy named Joe Tufo whom I saw playing basketball on the playground one day and decided I would marry him.  I don't know how old I was, but very young.  I never even SPOKE to Tufo or got close enough to really see him. (And no, I didn't marry him).  About the same time I also had a crush on our parish priest, a short middle-aged bald guy who looked kind of like Dustin Hoffman as Willy Loman!  (And in the movies, I was madly in love with Claude Rains.  I was a very weird child!)

Favorite part of daily routine?
This.  Sitting at the computer putting together the day's journal entry.

Do you like your neighbors?
We've lived here 43 years and I have no relationship with any of our neighbors.  When we moved here, I dreamed of the camaraderie of a real "neighborhood.," but YEARS ago, there was a neighborhood disagreement about me and I've never felt comfortable with these people (most of whom are still here) since -- I was told at the time "nobody here likes you.", though tons has happened since then.  Two years ago, when I shaved my head for children's cancer, the neighbor who was the instigator of the original kerfuffle got everyone in the neighborhood to sign a card and contribute money toward our campaign (~$300).  I don't remember when I have ever been so touched.

What’s your worst feature?
My body

Have you ever had trust issues?
Experience has taught me I should have, but I never seem to

No comments: