Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Jumping In with Both Feet


It was one of those beautiful days, where the sky was a deep blue, the air was clear, and there were lots of bright white fluffy clouds floating around.


It took me awhile to come to life.  I woke up around 3, as usual, but this time could not get back to sleep.  Never did.  I tried for a long time, to no avail, so I watched shows that I'd recorded the night before but had not yet seen.

I was kind of a zombie most of the morning, but had Things To Do, so couldn't give in and just go back to sleep. I didn't feel like lunch at Atria, but knew it was time to pick up laundry, so I ran my errands first.

The first was the trip to Michael's that I'd been looking forward to.  I've decided to get into the pocket letter thing and have been watching tutorials (which are kind of silly because they show you how the person making the video makes her fancy pockets, but it really depends on your own creativity and the kinds of decorating ideas you can come up with).  I have the plastic pockets and stuff to decorate them with but what I am lacking is that creative gene that may make my first attempts at pocket letters pathetic.  We'll see.  I'm starting small and easy -- a project that is "yellow themed," which means that everything has to have yellow on it.  As an aficionado of smiley faces and The Wizard of Oz, I could easily envision at least two of the nine pockets.  Two down, 7 to go.

I left Michael's with a sack of goodies involving patterned papers, and kitschy things to go into the pockets like tiny paper clips in the shape of wire coat hangers, mini note books, glitter, and string and I don't know what else.  I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with all this.  

The big purchase was a paper cutter.  I've had one for some time, but it's kind of small for what I want to do, so I went up one size, which should do me nicely for this (these?) project.  But I'm all ready for starting this project and designing a yellow pocket letter and let's see where it takes me.  Aquarians are the kind of people who go all in to a project, bury themselves in it completely and then in a few months, they're over it and ready to move on to something else.  

With my heavy bags in the car, I went to the post office to mail off a package and then finally to Atria.  I wasn't sure if it was time to pick up dirty laundry yet or no.  I had just been there about a week ago, but I swear she must change her underwear three times a day because she has enough to get her through 2+ weeks, but I think every pair she owns was in the dirty laundry.

We had our usual visit which, this time, involved asking me who had given her which flowers.  Over and over again.  And asking me what I was doing exciting tonight.  I finally realized I was falling asleep and could not stay awake, so decided it was time to go home and take a nap, which I managed to do.

So here I sit at midnight finishing this up, stopping every few sentences to cut some more paper or put some other do-dad on a pocket.  I'll have this thing finished in no time at this rate.


I wonder how long the excitement is going to last.

No comments: