Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Happy Birthday, Peach!
PeachToast2.jpg (31801 bytes)

1. What was the highlight of your week?
Lunch with my friend yesterday, and the time visiting with her and working with her on the iPad afterwards. I have lunch with friends regularly, but the visiting time was extra special.

2. Whose car were you in last?

Ours, when I drove to the post office yesterday afternoon to mail off surprises to a couple of friends.

3. When is the next time you will kiss someone?

Probably tonight when Walt goes to bed.

4. What color shirt are you wearing?

Sky Blue...with a bloody dagger on it

5. How long is your hair?

Too long.  I desperately need a haircut

6. Are you good looking?

Heavens, no!

7. Last movie you watched?

Monument Men, on Amazon instant video this afternoon.

8. Who were you with?

Just me and the dogs.

9. Last thing you ate?

Leftover home made pizza from last night (just as good cold)

10. Last thing you drank?

Water

11. When was the last time you had your heart broken?

2011.  Thank you, Peggy.

12. Who came over last?

Ned and Marta and my mother, on Mother's Day.

13. Are you happy right now?

I'm clean, I have a cool fan blowing on me, I'm watching horses run around a track, I have no pressing deadlines.  I'm delirious.

14. What did you say last?

"Good bye" to my mother after our phone call this morning.  I was telling her I wouldn't be there today because I had no car.  I then told her all about yesterday, lunch at my friend's place, her new apartment and how we were going to bring my mother and Nancy to the Carlton for lunch soon.  She said "That's nice--so what have you been doing exciting lately?"  When I said "all the stuff I just told you" she said "oh, that was about other people, what have YOU been doing lately?"  Sigh.  

15. Where is your phone?

Sitting next to my recliner

16. What color are your eyes?

Green with yellow flecks (officially probably Hazel)

17. Are you left-handed?

Yes ma'am, and proud of it!

18. Spell your name without vowels:

Bvrly Syks

19. Do you have any pets?

3 dogs

20. Favorite Vacation?

Our first international vacation to England and Ireland, with the kids.  It was our first big "family vacation," the last we would be able to take before the kids started going off on their own and living their own lives (Ned already was).   Every single bit of it was wonderful, except those few harrowing minutes at the Cliffs of Mohr.

21. What do you dislike currently?

Since I have given up answering robo calls, reading emails from any political organization, and watching Chris Matthews, I'm pretty mellow at the moment. I'm not fond of liver and/or beets, though.

22. What are you listening to?

The three-hour hype before the 2 minute Belmont Stakes.

23. If you could have one thing right now what would it be?

Ice cream would be nice, if you're stopping by the store.

24. What is your favorite scent?

There are a few:  the ocean, freshly brewing coffee, puppy breath, the way a deep red rose used to smell, fresh peaches, and the inside of a bakery.

25. Who makes you happiest?

The grandkids, but mostly Lacie because she's the one who will grab a book and climb into my lap and snuggle, Bri has to be encouraged.  We have a more cerebral relationship than a physical one.

26. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Sleeping (fell asleep watching TV)

27. When is your birthday?

February

28. Who has the same phone as you?

Anybody else who has an iPhone 4.

29. Last time you went swimming in a pool?

When Jeri and I went to Italy with Char and her daughters, Pat, and a bunch of other people in 2009.  Char and I swam in the hotel rooftop pool in Santa Margherita Ligure, next town to Portofino.  We swam for aboaut 10 minutes before they closed the pool for the day.  But I was in a bathing suit!

No comments: