Apparently Sunday Stealing did the first 3 parts of the 5000 question meme already. I didn't really like this week's meme (not part of 5000 questions), so I decided to start with #1 and do the first part of 5000 questions, eventually catching up with Sunday Stealing. (Is that confusing enough for you?)
Well, what a silly question. I'm ME, of course.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
* I'm left handed and don't consider myself sinister at all
* I am easily intimidated by our dogs
* It is possible to pry me away from the TV set, but you do it at your peril
3. When you aren't memes like this one what are you doing?
Writing non-meme journal entries.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
I was last in school in 1962...that's a long way back. I liked English and language classes, hated math and science classes. I wasn't too fond of history either.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Finding an Independent Living place for my mother and getting her situated there, hopefully happily.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
I'm happy where I am right now.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
Unless I plan to live to 140, I am long past "middle age."
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
"Didn't I just talk to you two minutes ago?"
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
"Some Days are Diamond, Some Days are Stone."
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Good heavens, no.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Right now it stays the same. I've had enough "better" and "worse" to be grateful for "just the same."
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
No. Not all.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
I walk in the rain, I listen to the rain on the windows, I curl up with a good book. I love the rain.
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Tangled holiday lights.
16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?
Never had a good relationship with my father, who died in 1987. My relationship with my mother has always been good.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Depends. I tend to miss a lot. But I also see a lot that Walt never notices, so who knows?
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Life is change.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
First a nun, then a mother. (Not that I wanted to be a nun first and then a mother...my tastes changed over the years!)
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I hope I am more of a giver.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I try to be
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
My dislocated shoulder after my bike accident in 2003. Or maybe childbirth...but childbirth was more rewarding, so I tend not to remember the pain.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
3 deaths and 2 betrayals. Each emotionally devastating.
25. Who have you hugged today?
Walt and Polly (I may have hugged the other dogs too)