Friday, March 22, 2013

5000 Question Meme, Part 2

Since I will be at my mother's tonight, I'm doing Part 2 of that biiiig meme to post before I leave.  Here goes:

26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Walt let me sleep when I took a nap.

27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Don't we all?

28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
*Speak fluent French and fluent Porgutuese
*Master PhotoShop
*Play the piano (if we had one any more)

29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
It's a toss-up between what they do and how they make me feel.

30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
A sense of humor, common interests, the ability to trust

31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
I've pretty much done everything I would like to do before I die, but that cruise to Alaska still hangs there, as does the train trip across the Canadian Rockies.

32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
Good lord.  I don't want to avoid doing anything that badly!

33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
It's a toss up between quality for all gay people and assistance for children around the world who are living in poverty.

34. What does each decade make you think of:
40s and 50s - grammar school
60s - First independence, job, UC Berkeley
70s - Marriage and parenthood
80s - The Lamplighters and Gilbert
90s - First (and only) "career"
00s - Friendship with Peggy
10s - International travel

35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
Each was special in its own way.

36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
The very first one that popped into my head was "Lollipop"

37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
USA and who is "leader" at the moment is up for grabs.  Supposed to be Obama,but the way congress is going, who knows?
     If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
     For God's sake, be the leader we elected you to be!

38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Hallmark.  I have seen every Golden Girls episode ever made and am working my way through Frasier.

39. What Disney heroine are you the most like and why?
Dory, from Finding Nemo.  A helper, but not a star

40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
Yes.  I was as Girl Scout for many years

41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Definitely fly

42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
'Cause God turns off the light so you can't see the color.

43. What does your name mean?
Beaver Lake

44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Neither, thank you.

45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
  Air: Breathe
  Meat: Lamb
  Different: Separate
  Pink: Pepto Bismol
  Deserve: Earn
  White: Wedding
  Elvis: Presley
  Magic: Bullet
  Heart: Broken
  Clash: War
  Pulp: Orange juice

46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
I would like to visit Albert Payson Terhune at Sunnybank during the Lad a Dog years.

47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
Betty White.  We could have tea and talk about dogs.

48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
I'm finally tired of Affair to Remember, so let's say Dave.

49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
iPad and power cord...good for games, Facebook, Twitter, TV, etc.

50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
I don't believe I have ever saved  saved a life.  A lifeguard once rescued me from a lake.

No comments: