Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Stealing

46. What are your LEGAL initials?
BAS.  Though I occasionally use BS and tell people it's either my initials or a statement, depending on the circumstances!

47. Who's the first B in your contacts?

Bam Post, who is part of our "Photo a Day" group on Facebook.

48. When was the last time you laughed really hard?

I can't remember.  Probably watching a funny show on TV.  I'm a tough audience when it comes to laughter.

49. Your number 1 top friend walks out of your life, do you go after them?

Hmm, she says sardonically.  Yes.  And then after a year of trying, finally give it up as a hopeless cause.

50. Explain your last awkward moment?

Last night.  I had to ask at the theater for a seat in the back row and made about 10 trips to the bathroom during the show.  Very embarrassing.   Almost as embarrassing as the first time I went to the bathroom before the show started, when a woman in the bathrom pointed out that I had toilet paper hanging off of the back of my pants!!!

51. Are you afraid of the dark?

No.

52. Do you have good vision?

Terrible.  I've never had good vision.  Fortunately the glasses make me able to get around without a seeing eye dog!

53. What's the first thing you wash in the shower?

My hair

54. Have you ever slapped someone?

I'm a mother who raised children in the days when parents still spanked their children.  I didn't do it often, but I did do it.

55. Are you Irish?

Yes, and very proud of it.

56. Do you use chap stick?

No, but I do use chop sticks!

57. Do you have any scars?

One teeny tiny one that is almost invisible on my left wrist, which I got in high school, helping a friend carry a box which had a hidden nail protruding from it.

58. Is there someone you will never forgive?

Yes.  He's dead now and I still can't forgive him.  It was a Lamplighters actor, who had been my good friend (I thought) but turned his back on me and was nasty and cruel when I was my most vulnerable (kinda the way Peggy did last year).  Other than that, I don't hold grudges.  I do move on.

59. What's the closest thing to you that's red?

The cover on my cell phone.

60. Name the last person to text you?

Walt, texting from the San Francisco Opera house to tell me that someone had said to say hello to me.

61. What comes to your mind when I say 'cabbage'?

Corned beef.  I do love the combination, though I really only have it on St. Patrick's Day.

62. Can you go in public looking like you do?

Yes.  I'm fairly decent at the moment.

63. Have you ever kissed someone whose name started with a A?

Only my father, I believe. (He was Albert)

64. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

No side.  I sleep on the couch.

65. Ever had cream puffs?

Definitely.  The last ones were these, earlier this month.
creampuffs.jpg (119700 bytes)
 
66. Do you fall for people easily?
No.

67. Has anyone put their arms around you in the past 5 days?

Sure.  Walt.

68. Do you miss the way things used to be?

I so much miss the way things used to be in many areas of my life.  I'd like to go back to my mothering days and do a better job, I'd like to have Paul and David here again, I'd like to work with Gilbert again, I'd like to feel the way I did when Kennedy was president, I'd like Peggy to be my friend again, I'd like to have a lot of people, now dead, back in my life again.  But life is moving forward, not looking back.   That's a hard lesson to learn.

No comments: