Monday, September 17, 2012

Day of Rest

Polly and I took the title "day of rest" literally today.

I actually slept all night, except for only one trip to the bathroom.   I woke up around 6:30 and turned on Sunday talking heads -- The Today Show, Meet the Press, Sunday Morning, and Face the Nation.  Miraculously, Polly continued to sleep in my lap and didn't get all antsy about getting breakfast.

I slept through part of Sunday Morning, and missed the part about Curious George.  I finally got up around 9 or so to feed the dogs.

Then I came into my office to begin writing the reviews of the two shows I had seen this weekend.  But I couldn't keep my eyes opened.  Finally after about an hour of struggling, I tossed in the towel climbed back into the recliner, covered with the quilt and next thing I knew it was noon.  Polly had slept with me all that time.  I slept on peacefully (yes, I sleep with my glasses on when I sleep in the reciner!)

Napping.jpg (96939 bytes)

It was now after noon and I was still in my pajamas.  I made the decision to just stay in them...I had nowhere to go anyway.  I found something for lunch, went back to the reviews and, perhaps it was psychological because I'm struggling with one, but I decided to turn on Air Force One and get back in the recliner.   Walt had gone off to a meeting.  I don't know when I fell asleep -- I know the movie well, so I didn't really "miss" anything -- but I woke up when the planes were exploding toward the end of the movie.  Walt had returned from his meeting and was standing there watching the movie.  Polly took turns sleeping in my lap and sleeping in her little bad here in the family room.

9ers.jpg (8377 bytes)When it was over, I finished one review and then it was time for the 49er game, which I decided to watch.
At some point I got up to make meatloaf for dinner and later to chat with Jeri on the phone.  Walt and I finished watching the 9er game (they won, thank goodness) and had dinner.  

Reaction (predictably) came after the 9er win.  Tom sent a "woo-hoo" and a very cute video of Brianna as a cheerleader in front of the TV in her 49er dress and pom poms shouting "they got a touchdown!."  My granddaughter the cheerleader.  Whoda thunk?   There was also a message from Norm, about both the cheerleading and the game.

And then it was over and nothing left to do but write the second review, which I've decided will go better if I sleep on it.

It is 10 p.m. and all I can think of is going back to sleep.   It's about all I can do to write this entry, which is probably pretty apparent!

The good thing about today is that on the second day of the antibiotic, I feel almost normal again, though on the third day of the diabetes meds again, I remember why it's so difficult for me to stick with them, because they make me feel sick to my stomach, which is maybe why all I want to do is sleep.


Mary Z said...

I hope all parts are feeling better today.

Harriet said...

I don't know which diabetes meds you take, but for what it's worth, here's what I do.

You're supposed to take them with food, but I discovered that if I had not eaten -- supper till breakfast -- it was better to wait an hour or so. (I begin my day with black coffee and a bagel, not enough to offset the meds.) Later I eat something else, fruit or yogurt, to have with my pills.