Monday, September 28, 2009

A Grown Up Meme

Yeah...you thought I'd forgtten about memes, huh? Here's one that doesn't expect that only teenagers will answer it...

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? Here are questions for the people who are a little older...(Not sayin' we're OLD, just more "mature"!)

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Well, I don’t pay most of the bills, Walt does, but I cringe every time I have to pay my internet bill.

2. Do you miss being a child?
Gawd no!!!

3. Chore you hate the most?
All of them.

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Can’t remember

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Two things: the death of both kids.

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Sister Mary John Arthur

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sitting by the Indian ocean, somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere, where the temperatures are cooler and spring flowers are in bloom!

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A nun or a mother (I was half right)

9. How many colleges did you attend?
University of San Francisco for one semester (night school French class), UC Berkeley for a year and a half (French major)

10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was on top of the pile.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I remember when it was less than 25 cents a gallon. I am very old.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I don’t get up by alarm; I get up by dog.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I've been trying to sleep for 2 hours...will I ever get to sleep?

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Ellen Degeneres

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes. I took off both doors of my parents’ car trying to make a turn into the school yard of my high school.

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
I don’t work. I am a volunteer Pooper Scooper for the SPCA.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Early. Somewhere between 4 and 6 a.m.

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Full length cartoon, Bambi. Short cartoons, Casper the Friendly Ghost.

19. Favorite thing to do at night with a guy/girl?
Have in-depth conversations.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
When I reached 66 and realized that I’m ALMOST 70!!!

21. Favorite lunch meat?
Cold roast lamb

22. What do you get every time you go into WalMart?
I don’t shop at Wal Mart

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Only insofar as straight people want to take it all for themselves. Marriage should be for any two people who love each other and want to make a life commitment to each other. Bpttom line is it's a legal arrangement which may or may not come with a religious ritual attached.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Well, if I told you, then everybody would know, wouldn’t they?

25. What's your favorite drink?
Water. But a good gin & tonic is nice on a hot day, and some of our Cousins Day concoctions have been right tasty.

26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to?
Ruth Rose

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
KGO, San Francisco talk radio.

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Desperate Housewives, since Sopranos hasn’t been on in a couple of years.

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Lying to Randy about a dance. Not because I wanted to go with him, but because I probably hurt his feelings.

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from/next to you at work?
I work at home and sit across from a wall. Oh Wall, oh sweet, oh lovely Wall.....

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
I’ve never had to use a fire extinguisher for ANY purpose, fortunately.

32. Last book you finished reading?
"The Last Symbol" by Dan Brown

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
Several. A friend used to buy me teddy bears frequently.

34. One thing you couldn't live without?
Food

35. Do you go to church?
Not since I gave up being a Catholic

36. How old are you?
66

37. Can you take apart a motor, put it back together, and have no extra parts?
Are you kidding? I'm lucky if I know how to pump gas. Don't ask me something complicated like--where do I add a quart of oil?

38. Are you for or against the death penalty?
Against. It's cheaper to keep someone on a life sentence and I think that's a far worse punishment. I'm not in favor of the "an eye for an eye" philosophy

39. If there is a God and you could ask him/her one question what would it be?
Will I get to see my kids again after I die?

40. Do you think its possible that there is life on other planets?
I think it's terribly egotistical of us to think that in this vast cosmos only one tiny speck of dust is capable of evolving intelligent life.

No comments: