Wednesday, February 27, 2019

'Tain't a Fit Night Out

It was a dark and stormy night, but we pressed on.  It was Walt's birthday and I was taking him to a steak house for dinner.  I had to practically wade from the car to the sidewalk, the water was so deep.  But I got there, and we realized we had been there before.

As we were shown to our table, I realized we had been here a couple of years ago on MY birthday, only then it was a restaurant where they set your food on fire at your table.  In fact, we were seated at the exact same table we had the last time.

While we waited for our food, Walt checked his incoming birthday messages.

I had hoped to have prime rib, but it is only available on Friday and Saturday, so we both had a rib eye steak (which several web sites tell me is "the" best cut of beef").  Walt had his with garlic fries; I had mine with onion rings

It was a bit too much for me, so I brought home half of it, while Walt ate every last bit of it.

And since it was a gala occasion, we each had a delicious pistachio creme brulee for dessert.

The rain had not let up when we finished dinner, but we sloshed on home to watch the recording of tonight's Jeopardy.  Walt had his lemon balm tea and went to bed, as any good 79 year old should do.
I had a text message from Atria that my mother hit a staff member tonight.  That isn't going to help our meeting with the director tomorrow, I fear.  Dammit.

No comments: