Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Stealing


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

This is kind of weird.  It's from a set of "Storywise" cards that were made for Alzheimers patients, which they have at the facility where my mother lives.

1. The strangest place you've ever been.


The Pinnacle Desert, in Western Australia.  There are thousands of limestone pillars like these and the whole place looks like a set for Star Trek.

2. Unusual food combinations you enjoy.
My son loved Peanut butter, jelly and tuna, which was pretty weird.  I don't have that weird taste (he added pickles one day and decided that was too gross).  Like Elvis, I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  But I can't think of anything truly unusual.

3. Your best cure for hiccups.
A spoon full of sugar works for me almost every time, letting it slowly melt on my tongue

4. Something you have never done but would like to try.
I'm too old and too fat now, but I am sorry that I never learned how to ride a horse.

5. A routine you do every day without fail
Watch Jeopardy and then cook dinner.

6. Something new you've recently learned.
That with the shut down of the government, vandals are ruining national parks, such as painting and chopping down irreplaceable 1000 year old trees in Joshua Tree National Park.


 
what it looks like


 
what it should look like.
7. Your keenest sense.
My sense of humor!

8. Whether you prefer cooking or cleaning up.
Definitely cooking.  How fortunate I am that before his surgery, Walt had taken over doing the cleaning after dinner.

9. Where were you the last time you saw the sun rise.
In our back yard.  We are often awake early enough to watch the sun rise.  We have seen some beautiful sunrises.

10. A recent time you were embarrassed.
A couple of days ago when I realized, with a head full of soapy hair, that I had left my hearing aids in.

11. An everyday sound that delights you.
When Polly barks to let us know that the mailman has come

12. The last conversation you had with a stranger.

The past week I have spoken with a lot of strangers, all working at Kaiser Hospital, about Walt's condition.  (Now that he's home I only talk with family about his condition!)

No comments: