Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Jump (1984)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) David Lee Roth does a lot of jumping in this video. He credits his flashy moves to his study with marital artist Benny Urquidez. Have you ever tried karate, judo, or jiu-jitzu?
No.  My son was into judo, and our granddaughters are in karate, but not me.

2) Dave claims to be fluent in Spanish. Say something "en español."
dónde está el baño

3) Dave appeared as himself in an episode of The Sopranos, playing poker with Tony Soprano. Are you a good poker player?
I have not had a lot of opportunity to play poker, but I used to be a pretty good card player, so I think that I would get better at it.

4) Though known for his prowess on the guitar, Eddie Van Halen wrote the opening of this song at the keyboard when he was still new to the synthesizer. When do you recently venture outside your comfort zone? Was it a success?
Any time I have to speak in public (even if it's speaking up in a meeting), it's definitely out of my comfort zone  I've had varying success.  Best was when I was giving a talk to a group of some 50 or so mothers on breastfeeding and I decided to wing it.  Best speech I ever gave. (It helped that I knew the subject very well.)

5) Eddie's older brother Alex is the Van Halen drummer and his son, Wolfie, began touring with the band in 2007. Have you ever worked with a family member?
Many times on theatrical projects, but not in a 9-5 "normal job" situation.

6) Van Halen's first manger was Marshall Berle
. Mr. Berle's uncle was Milton Berle. Does the name Milton Berle mean anything to you?
LOL.  You mean Uncle Miltie?  We watched hisTV show every week.
 
7) In 1984, when this song was popular, AT&T/Bell Telephone was broken up into 24 separate compan
ies. Today, who is your phone provider?
AT&T for land line (Yeah, we still have a land line) and Verizon for cell phones.

8) Also in 1984, Michael Jackson was severely burned while filming a Pepsi commercial. Would we find any Pepsi in your kitchen right now?
Pepsi.  Ewww.  Blech.  I've always been a Coke girl and yes, I can taste the difference.  These days I rarely drink any soda, preferring just plain ol' water.
9) Random question: Have you ever been so angry that you kicked or hit an inanimate object?
Not in many years, but yes, I have.  One of our sons kicked many holes in many walls, some of which have been fixed.

No comments: