Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who loves singing along with her car radio. Is that something you enjoy?
I am more likely to sing along with CDs, but in the last few years, my voice seems to have disappeared.  I have a vocal range of about 4 notes and it's to depressing to try to sing.

2) 
The video begins with Maren Morris finishing her cigarette before getting behind the wheel. Do you allow smoking in your car?
I don't know anybody who smokes any more, but if I did, I would ask them to please not smoke in the car.

3) In this song, Maren admits she's lied. What's the last fib you told?
I always tell my mother I'll see her "tomorrow" because she gets upset if she thinks I won't be there the next day but she can't tell one day from another and even if it's several days that I don't see her, she doesn't know. "I'll see you tomorrow" seems a kind deception.

4
) She mentions having her radio on the FM dial. Are you loyal to a single radio station? Or do you spin the dial?
Mostly I listen to CDs or an audio book, but if I have the radio on, it's either NPR or a classical music station (the only two set buttons on the car radio)

5Maren was inspired to write this song while on a long car trip from Nashville to Los Angeles. When do you get your best ideas? (In the shower, behind the wheel, over lunch with friends ...)
Actually, I seem to be my most creative as I lie down at night and get ready to go to sleep.
  
6) She performed this song on Saturday Night Live last year. The host that week was John Cenna. Do you follow professional wrestling?
Heavens no, but I've seen John Cenna on talk shows and he seems to be a nice guy.

7) In 2016, when this song was popular, Alex Rodriguez played his final Major League Baseball game. He has embarked on a second career as a broadcaster. Would you be comfortable on camera?
Our kids (now adults) have been making movies for so many years, that it doesn't bother me to be on camera, but I'm never comfortable with it.

8) A 2016 study revealed that 43% of Americans own mutual funds, many in their 401(k)s and IRAs. Are you involved in the stock market
My husband handles investments.  I know we do have mutual funds, but that's about all I know.  (Lord help me if he dies first!)

9) Random question: You have something awkward and embarrassing that you simply must tell a pal. You know your friend will not be happy with the news. Would you prefer to deliver it by email, in a phone call, or face to face?
It depends on who the "pal" is and how comfortable I am speaking with that person face to face.  (I'm basically a chicken)



Just a comment that Holidailies drives me crazy some time.  I am trying to be diligent and check out most of the entries that people have submitted and, if possible, add a comment to each entry (unless there is nothing that I can think of to say to the entry).  I think that one of the reasons we join Holidailies is to get to know other bloggers and invite them to look at your stuff too...commenting is a great way to do that.

But there are a couple of people who have neither a comment box nor any contact information.  The frustrating thing about this is that these are the entries that are really interesting and have things that I want to comment on.  It's like wanting to scream at the news on TV at night.

The other people who drive me nuts are those who put the Holidailies address in the place where their entry address is supposed to be, so when you click on their entry it takes you back to the front page of Holidailies and never do see their entries, though the excerpt they posted about the entry may be very intriguing, but you'll never know it because they put the wrong link in their post.

However, most of the participants have comment boxes and post the right way and most of them are generally interesting, so I continue participating every year.

No comments: