Shannon's Moments Meme, Part Two (I have a lot of "No" or "I don't know" answers to these equestions!)23. Have you ever gone to the “dark side”?
I wouldn't have know how to find it, so I guess not.
24. What shirt are you wearing right now?
An Obama shirt I got during his 2008 campaign.
25. What’s important about a bed to you? Like type of sheets, size or whatever.
Nothing. I haven't slept in a bed in years. I sleep on a couch for half of the evening and half in a recliner for the other half. No sheets but a wonderful pillow.
26. Can you sing?
Badly. I used to be able to carry a tune, but in recent years, I have a range of about 3 notes.
27. What is something about you that would surprise us?
My life is pretty much an open book here. There's very little that would surprise anybody...and if there is, I don't want to share it.
28. Have you been a pirate, Renaissance Fair, or other costumed event? If not, would you for the right event or say cause?
No. Not my thing. If it were for a good cause, I could be talked into it.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't sing in the shower. The world is better for it.
30. Favorite girl's name?
Eliminating "Jerilyn," our daughter's name, at one point I would have called a girl "Laurie Pauline"
31. Favorite boy's name?
Can't choose one among Ned, Paul, Tom or David, because that would be playing favorites. But they were all names I liked when we chose them.
32. What’s in your pocket or purse right now?
I don't have pockets at the moment.
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
My mother had one of her "spells" tonight where she doesn't know who she is or where she is and is terrified. Someone called me and I went over there and by just talking to her for an hour and a half, she started to 'come back' and by the time I left we were laughing together. That was beautiful laughter.
34. Best toy as a child?
My best "toys" were always books...and board games.
35. Worst injury you have ever had?
2003, During a 32 mile charity bike ride, I flew over my handlebars. Twice. The second time I dislocated my shoulder. My knee has never returned to normal and I can't ride a bike any more.
36. Where would you love to live?
I am happy where I am. If I had to move, it would be to Santa Barbara, to be close to our grandkids. But we can't afford to live there.
37. What type of TV do you have? Would you’d like an upgrade?
We have a flat screen which is pretty wide. Could not upgrade because it is as big as our space can handle. Also, the "smart TV" part of the TV is always going out and I can't use it.
39. How many dogs do you have?
Two. Lizzie, the Terrier-Poodle mix (that's a description I heard recently at the vet's), and Polly a Chihuahua mix.
40. Do most folks trust you?
I think so.
41. What book are you reading?
Two. Scott Adams "Stick to Drawing Comics, Monkey Brains" and Khaled Hosseini's "and the Mountains Echoed. Also listening to "Caught" by Harlan Coben on audio by myself and Vince Flynn's "Transfer of Power" with Walt.
42. What’s your favorite classic TV show?
The Dick Van Dyke Show.
43. What’s your favorite sports team?
San Francisco Giants.
44. Favorite month and why?
October because the temps are cooler, the color is lovely and winter is near. I also like February, when everything starts blooming because it's so gorgeous around here, but it is followed by summer and I hate summer.