Monday, December 29, 2014

I'm SINGING, Already

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

We had a nice waffles and freshly squeezed orange juice breakfast yesterday morning and then Jeri and Phil took the car to spend the day in Sacramento with Ned and Marta.  This left us stranded here without a car all day.  

Now, don't think about the fact that I rarely go out of the house on a normal day, when the car sits in the carport untouched.  Suddenly, being without a car meant we were "stranded" and so I was going to take the opportunity to get caught up on lots of stuff that I had not been able to get to with all of the activity of the past couple of weeks.

There was the Snapfish book I was going to create for my mother about her activities of the past year.
There was the huge stack of Compassion kids letters that had accumulated while I was in Iowa. 

And I'm sure there were lots of other things I was going to do.

But first, a nap would be nice.

I snuggled in the recliner with Polly and a nice warm quilt at 11 a.m.  It was 3 when I woke up.  Almost time for Jeri and Phil to return home!  So much for productivity.

Jeri called from Atria, where they were having a nice visit with my mother.  She said they planned to get together with their friend Jon and his wife Joy and wanted to know if we would like to join them for Thai food. So back we went to Thai Nakorn for another Thai feast.  


I enjoyed my crab noodles.


After we finished eating, Jon pulled out gifts for all.


For Jeri and Phil a "guppie & eat'n tool," which will allow you to gut a fish--and then eat it too, with the attached spork.  That, combined with the cleats we got for them will permit them to go hiking and fishing in the snow this winter.

For Walt and me there was a nice box of my favorites -- Sees candy.  When I was growing up my godfather brought Sees candy to us whenever he came for Christmas dinner and it was never Christmas without Sees. 
Now Christmas could officially be over.

Walt is taking the kids to a BART station this morning, where they can catch the BART train to the SF Airport and head back to Boston.

Christmas has ended and I guess I'd better find a song to sing.

No comments: