Monday, August 13, 2012

Sunday Stealing, Part 2

Yesterday's entry was last week's Sunday Stealing.  This catches me up with this week's.

1. How long have you been blogging?
Since March, 2000, or 12-1/2 years.  Daily. 

2. Did you go to college?

Yes, but only seriously for one semester.  After that I slacked off and stopped attending classes entirely in my third semester.  I was much happier when I went to work for the University.

3. Where have you traveled?

I've been everywhere, Man...I've been every where...  There was a similar question in last week's Sunday Stealing and I discovered I've been to 19 different countries as well to most of the United States.

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?

Nobody, now, but in high school, I was once mistaken for Judy Garland, which absolutely made my day.

5. What are your three biggest pet peeves?

* Political comentators who won't let the other guy get a word in edgewise (this is not a left/right situation, but both sides are equally to blame!)
* Bad grammar (sorry, but I'm a grammar snob)
* People who sign old blog entries, tell me that my blog is absolutely wonderful, and invite me to look at their blog, which is, of course, a commercial for something.  I always block them from commenting again.

6. What is your favorite movie?

Consistently the 1954 A Star Is Born, but also Affair to Remember, Dave, Air Force One, The Frisco Kid and a host of others.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

I don't drink many spirits these days, though I probably had more wine and beer on the cruise than I had all year.  Of the hard stuff, it depends, but I think I'm leaning toward beer, but only if it's very cold.  Of the soft stuff, definitely water.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

Read.  I can watch TV while doing something else, but reading I have to actually stop and sit down and do (unless I'm driving and listening to an audio book, of course)

9. What is your biggest phobia?

Semi trucks on the freeway, tipping over on top of me.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past?

Ripping the back seam of my pants while in a local park and having to walk home four blocks with my butt hanging out.  I was in grammar school, and one of my fellow classmates saw me.  I was mortified.

11. What day would you love to relive again? Why?

There are several, and I feel very fortunate to haveso many.  It would be difficult to choose just one.

12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would your best friend think should play you?

I dunno.  Char, what do you think?

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

I washed test tubes in a medical laboratory, worked as a biller clerk in a tool company, and worked in my high school office doing secretarial stuff.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

JrProm.jpg (34003 bytes)
Junior Prom, 1959

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

Africa, traveling first class all the way, from business class airplane seats to places to stay while there.

16. Where do you see your life 6 and 1/2 years from now?

I'll be 76 by then.  I don't even want to think that far! but probably doing exactly what I'm doing now, except slower and forgetting more.

17. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?

I think living a Ground Hog day life would be boring.  I don't mind getting older and embracing the changes, good and bad, that come with each age.  If I remained the same age, I'd have to watch all my friends get older.

18. What 5 songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? (You can pick "Middle School", "High School", "College", "Post College" or any format you like.)

High School was a lot of Johnny Mathis, Sam Cook, boy and girl trios and quartets.   College was more folk songs (Kingston Trio, John Denver. etc.), the last many years of my life it would be mostly show tunes.  (I skipped the infatuation with Elvis, the Beatles or any other performer(s) who caused teenagers to scream their heads off.)

19. Romney picked Paul Ryan to run as his veep. Any thoughts?

Yes, but this is a family blog.

20. Your chance: Pick a meme you've done for us to steal. Bud and Judd will visit EVERY post today. Feel free to say, "Bugger off", or anything like that.

Actually, I think every meme I've done for the past several years were originally stolen from Sunday Stealing.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I've stolen a couple of memes from you that weren't Sunday memes. I'll have to look through the tags, though.