Saturday, August 18, 2012

Letters...We Get Letters...

81312sm.jpg (40710 bytes)I have had some wonderful letters from my Compassion kids lately.  In particular, there was this great letter from Shallon, from Uganda.   Some of the letter is in response to questions I have asked her. Compassion also sent me a new photo of her, at left.

My mother Beverly Syes,

Hi, Honey.  How sweet are you!  Let me take this opportunity to greet you.   Hey, my mother in Christ?  How are you and how is your life?  Back to me, I am okay.  I was very happy to see your letters and how isbaby Lacie?  In which part of Uganda did your husband and his sister visited?  

[I made a mistake and said that Alice Nan and her husband had helped to bring a well to Uganda; it was Kenya]

I fetch water for a distance of one kilometer away.  I go there every day.  No, there is no well around my home.

I can be happy when you come and give me a big hug.  In our home we have a newborn kitten.  At our school we have reached a topic called British Columbia in geography.   It is very hard like we are studying fishing in British Columbia that is very hard.

We are in rainy season.  We are planting beans and ground nuts.  Have you ever eaten beans?  How was Easter?

Keep with that spirit of loving me.  I am sending my prayers to you and your family.   In our country there is Queen Elizabeth national park. That is how God is great.

I was very surprised and grateful to hear you calling me a super star student and must maintain that you stated.  I need your prayers towards my studies because I changed the position in class and last term was 6th out of 35 and now I am 5th out of 39 students.   I am sending you my love to you.

In Corinthians, Chapter 1:4 there is thirty sayings so read them.  When I am at school, I spend my day studying and when I am at home I spend my day working.  When it is time to wake up I hear the bell ring.  I wake up and I wash plates and cups and sweeping compound.

How is  Polly now?  You ask me about my health.  How I have improved.   I eat beans and bananas.  I like to make small children smile.

I remain your daughter Katusiime Shallon.

There was also a new letter from Esther, a correspondence child from Indonesia:

Beverly Sykes -- The weather in May was indeed hot enough.   I felt that swimming was freshing enough for my body.

On last 21 April to be exact, my country celebrated Kartini day.  It's a symbol of Mrs. R.A. Kartini, as women emancipation up-holder.  So, the women in my house area carried out choir competition.

In Easter, we had devotion at school and egg decorating and Christmas card making competitions.  I got many things at Indonesian Red Cross, one of which the way to help people who are hurt.

Beverly Sykes' pictures are cute.  I was happy to receive them.  Thank you, Beverly, for sending me the pictures and letter.  I was so happy to receive them.

Fred, in the Philippines, always writes great letters, now even better because he is writing them himself, instead of having his mother write for him.

Dear Auntie Sykes,

Christian Greetings!

I will be in grade three this opening of classes.  During the camp, I went home every night and I just went back to the camp during the day.  I was so happy.  I am so kind to my mother and father and also to the teachers here in the church.  I joined the Daily Vacation Bible School.

Thank you once again for all you give.  The clothes, bible characters, car, candy and many more.  What is your favorite story in the Bible?  I would like to know.

Thank you for everything.  God bless you!  Please pray that I will be more kind.   I love you.

Love,
Fred

But this may be the favorite I've received in the last two weeks.   It's from Leniel, in the Dominican Republic, who is obviously a man of few words.

Dear Beverly Sykes,

I thank you for all of your letters and gifts.  Do you eat fried chicken?   Continue to pray for me.  I send you a hug.

Leniel 



Like castles?  There are, if I remember correctly, 160 castles in Germany (many just ruins).  We didn't see all of them, but it sure seemed like it!   Today I uploaded the "Upper Rhine" photos...if you like castles, this is the set for you!!!

No comments: