I've answered several of these before, but we just came from a belated sushi dinner (we always have sushi on Paul's and David's birthdays and should have gone out last night, but we were at Roger's party). I am so stuffed full of food and watching the SAG awards, that I decided to do this collection of questions anyway.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
* Do you Hear What I Hear? (Perry Como Christmas album)
* Belle of the Ball, (Leroy Anderson Favorites )
* The Marvelous Toy, (John Denver)
* Orange Blossom Special, (Johnny Cash)
* I Wanna Be Like You, (Heigh-Ho Mozart)
* Don Oiche Ud I Mbeithil (Glenstel Abbey Monks)
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Betty White. I would love to talk with her about animals and her career in television. Another choice would be Daphne Sheldrick, on her haven for orphan elehants and rhinos in Kenya
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
"It must be sewn on," she said, in a rather motherish tone. (It's a book of Peter Pan which I'm getting ready to send to one of the Compassion children.
4) What do you think about most?
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
"Enjoy! I've heard it's good." (Jeri replying to my message about seeing "In the Next Room or The Vibrator Play.")
6) Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
Since I sleep in chair, under a dog, with.
7) What's your strangest talent?
I think I can still wiggle my ears; I haven't done it in years.
8) Women....(finish the sentence) ; Men....(finish the sentence)
Women can be very open with their feelings; men mostly keep feelings bottled up inside (of course there are lots of exceptions to those rules)
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Actually yes. My friend Melody wrote a poem about me for my birthday once, I think.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
I am convinced I am going to die by a big semi truck to the right of us on the freeway toppling over on top of our car.
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
13) What's your religion?
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Picking up mail or getting into the car.
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Definitely behind the camera!
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
Simple. Lawsuit. Of course, they haven't played as a group since 1997.
17) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
Actually, I don't do either. Most of my interactions are by snail mail or e-mail.
18) Do you believe in karma?
Not really. If there is such a thing as Karma, it's made some big mistakes in my life!
19) What does your URL mean?
"Airy Persiflage" means light banter. It comes from The Mikado, where KoKo asks, "Is this a time for airy persiflage?"
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My greatest weakness is my lack of self control. My greatest strength is that I can be a pretty good friend, given the opportunity.
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
I don't think I have one at present.
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
A couple of times right after my parents got a swimming pool and my father INSISTED that I try it....then made me feel dirty for doing it.
23) How do you vent your anger?
Eat. Cry. Write journal entries that probably don't sound angry, but which I know really are.
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
Dogs. Dust bunnies.
25) What was the last lie you told?
I moved this from #17 to here because the last lie I told (actually small fib) was in one of the previous 24 answers.