You're No GoodWelcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: You're No Good (1974)
... because Harriet suggested Linda Ronstadt
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's featured artist, Linda Ronstadt, turns 69 next month. Will you be celebrating any family/friend birthdays this summer?
Well, Tom turns 45 and Ned turns 48 during the summer months. We will be at Tom's annual "happy birthday to me" BBQ on the beach in Santa Barbara on the 4th of July.
2) Linda sings that she's learned her lesson and it's left a scar. Tell us how you got one of your scars.
Good lord. No body scars, but so many emotional scars and I've written about most of them through the years. Let's just say that in this family we are too well acquainted with death and grief work.
3) This song is about a lover who is, obviously, no good. Let's be more positive. Who is the nicest person you know?
A woman I used to know here in Davis, who now lives in a senior facility a few miles from here. I have never met someone who gives so freely of her time to everyone she knows.
4) Linda says that she grew up on Mexican music, which was sung by her entire family. Do you speak any Spanish?
You can't live in California all your life and not know some Spanish, but to say I "speak it" is definitely not accurate. I can recognize a lot of words, but probably could not have a conversation.
5) She toured often throughout her career and is quoted as saying, "they haven't invented a word for that loneliness that everybody goes through on the road." Are you missing someone right now?
I think Ms. Ronstadt needs the Portuguese word "saudade." I'm missing a lot of people, some of them alive, some of them dead.
6) Ms. Ronstadt was once involved with George Lucas of Star Wars fame. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
7) In 1974, when this song was a hit, The Magic 8 Ball was still a top-seller at toy stores. It retailed for just $1.99, and promised that all you had to do was gaze at it, concentrate, and wait to learn your fate ... "if you dare!" If you could get an answer to one question about the future, what would you ask?
Will my mother make it to "hunnert."
8) 1974 is the year when Mikhail Baryshnikov defected to the United States. Have you ever been to the ballet?
Oh sure. Many times. Jeri even studied ballet for a short time.
9) Random question: What's your shoe size?
You hadda ask. 10-1/2 WW...and just try to find them. There is a conspiracy. NO shoe maker carries them an more. It's one reason why I wear Birkenstocks most of the time. They fit.