Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Stealing


Here are some food questions from Swap Bot

1.  Do you like pie?
Love it!  .My favorites would be pumpkin, peach, or any kind of berry.
  2.  Italian or Mexican?
I grew up in San Francisco, on the outskirts of North Beach and my father's favorite food was Italian (though he was Irish).  We ate a LOT of Italian. Italian was never my favorite.  I much prefer Mexican or Chinese.


3.  Can you bake? If so, what are your favorite things to bake?
Yes, I can bake.  I worked as a cake decorator for a few years, but my favorite things to bake now, I guess, are cookies (which I rarely bake because I'd eat them all).


4.  Do you use cook books or do you try to find recipes online?
I have lots and lots of cook books, but 90% of the time look for recipes on line.


5.  Do you own a kitchen aid mixer?
Yes.  I've had the same mixer for nearly 50 years and have had ZERO problems with it.  I love it.


6.  Ever cooked a meal for more than 15 people at one time?
Yes.  My biggest may have been 24 for Christmas (which was clever, seating them all in this tiny house!)


7.  Do you like hospital food?
Fortunately, I have little experience, but suspect it would be akin to airplane food in the days when they still gave you airplane food.


8.  Favorite fast food restaurant?
For burger joints, 5 Guys.


9.  Any picky eaters in your family?
I don't know any more.  Walt and Marta won't eat onions and Brianna and Lacie have very particular tastes, but I never have to cook for the two of them, so I don't have to worry about it.


10.  Soda or Tea?
Neither, actually.  I prefer coffee or water.


11.  Hot chocolate?
Oh my yes, the richer the better, loaded with whipped cream.  I never GET it, but if I decided to have some, that's what I would want.


12.  Favorite holiday dish?
Turkey stuffing and pumpkin pie (not together)


13.  What is the most tasteful strangest looking thing you have ever tasted?
I'm not generally one for tasting strange looking things.  I did have escargot once, and it was surprisingly good (and not very strange looking), but I haven't had it since.


14.  Fries or tater tots?
Hmmm....good question.  My favorite fries are shoestring potatoes, but you can rarely find them, so I guess I'll say Tater Tots.


15.  Do you like cheese? If so what kind?
Yes, but I'm not adventurous.  I love Swiss cheese, brie, mozarella, Bourson...mostly the milder cheeses.  And cream cheese, of course.


16.  Home made or can soup?
I'm not a big soup person, but if it's a good home made soup, I'll love it.  I used to make a lamb soup that was to die for.  The soups we had on our cruises were fabulous (not canned).  Occasionally, I'll have a chicken noodle or cream of tomato, but only when I'm reminiscing! I keep thinking I should make soup more often because there are lots of good recipes out there.


17.  Do you like to eat out?
Is the pope catholic?  I would eat out every night if it weren't so expensive.  There are a ton of restaurants in this town that we have never even tried.


18.  What kind of food is popular where you are? (Like in Alaska it is seafood)
I don't know that there is a certain genre that is popular here, but there sure are a lot of Thai restaurants in town.


19.  Do you like cotton candy?
I used to love it, but it had to be "fresh" from the pot where it is made.  When they started wrapping it up it took all the "magic" out of it for me.  I haven't had any in decades.


20.  Turkey or Chicken?
Depends.  I love a turkey at the holidays, but rarely other times, but I cook a lot of chicken.


21.  Hamburger or tuna helper?
Definitely hamburger.


22.  Raw or cooked veggies?
Cooked.  I'm one of those cretins who prefer vegetables to be soft, not crunchy


23.  Do you like salad? If so, what is your favorite kind of salad?
I like a good salad bar and usually add tomatoes, onions, cheese, kidney beans, and bacon to my lettuce.  But I also like Cesar salad, broccoli salad with cranberries, and love fruit salads.


24.  Favorite pizza topping?
Sausage and mushroom with a pesto sauce


25.  Do you like meat loaf?
It depends on the meat loaf.  My mother made the best meat loaf ever, yet had no recipe for it.  In all my cooking years, I have never been able to duplicate it.  I don't dislike meatloaf, but I am continually looking for one like my mother's.

No comments: