Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

These questions from Harvard Business Review are questions to ask someone other than "so what do you do?"

 
What excites you right now?
Right now I am excited about the new "lift chair" that friends of ours loaned us, since they can't use it now.  Being able to stand up without a struggle is going to change my world!

What are you looking forward to?

Hmmm...with the Santa Barbara trip finished and the chair installed, I have nothing in the immediate future that I am looking forward to.

What’s the best thing that happened to you this year?

What with my mother's Alzheimers and my own worsening physical strength, the best thing that happened to me was knowing how wonderful and helpful my children are.  From Ned's determination to organize our lives (and doing it) to Jeri's help, especially, with my mother and also her frequent phone calls to check in. 
Tom was very helpful when we were in Santa Barbara, but his distance from Davis and his family's insane schedule make this not the best time for him to concentrate on Mom or Dad.  But I know he cares and would be here if necessary.
They all make me proud of what wonderful people our kids have grown up to become.

Where did you grow up?

A flat in San Francisco, until I was 18 years old

What do you do for fun?

I watch TV marathons and attend about 60 stage shows a year

Who is your favorite superhero?

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Superman.  All super powers in one super person.  I don't watch any of the newer super hero movies, so don't even know who is "in" now.

Is there a charitable cause you support?

I sponsor ~30 kids through Compassion, International, I love the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, which saves and raises orphaned elephants, and have followed and supported KoKo, the talking gorilla, who sadly, died this year

What’s the most important thing I should know about you?

I am not nearly as gregarious and open as people who read my stuff think.  I am an introvert and get more introverted the older I get

Tell us of something that relaxes you and always makes you happy.

Watching TV, reading, and going out to have a meal I don't have to cook.

If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?

When we were on our honeymoon in Canada, I decided I really wanted to take a train trip across the Canadian Rockies.  I'd still like to do that.
What will you always pack in your suitcase?
Other than the usual clothes, the electric cords to all of my gadgets, my pills, and a good supply of Neosporin.
What will you never pack in  your suitcase?
If we are going on a plane, I never pack my laptop computer in my suitcase, though on a driving trip to Santa Barbara, I usually do.

No comments: