Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Love Is All Around (1970)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here

1) This week's song is the theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a sitcom that originally aired from 1970 to 1977. Were you a fan?
Yes.   I loved the show.  I still remember the finale.

2) The song tells us that Mary Richards can turn the world on with her smile. Yet the real-life Mary Tyler Moore said she was uncomfortable with her "wide mouth." If you could improve on one of your facial features, which would you choose?

Wider rather than squinty eyes.

3) We also hear that Mary can "take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile." What do you think makes a day "a nothing day?"

I love "nothing days" where there is nothing on the schedule, no show to review, and no guilt about not visiting my mother.  (These days, with my knee problems, most days are "nothing days")

4) Mary works in the newsroom at WJM. Her desk is neat as a pin. Are you neat? Or do you lean to the sloppy side?

Bwahahaha.  Anybody who knows me, or who visits this house for 10 seconds, knows that "neat" is not a word EVER used to describe me.

5) Mary's best friend, Rhoda, worked as a window dresser at Hempel's department store. What department store did you most recently shop at? What did you buy?

I can't remember the last time I was in a department store.  I mostly buy on line.  I'm not a big shopper.

6) Mary Richards lived in Minneapolis. What city is nearest to where you are right now?

Sacramento.

7) Originally the part of Mary Richards was written as a divorcee, but in 1970, there were no TV shows that centered around a divorced woman. Think about the women in your life. Are most of them married, divorced, single or widowed?

Married or widowed.

8) The MTM production company logo featured a mewing kitten. The cat was found in a Minneapolis shelter, and, after her sequence was shot, she was adopted by a crew member who named her Mimsie. What's the name of the last cat -- or dog or hamster or rabbit -- that you petted?

Our dog, Polly.

9) Random question -- Would you rather have a job that kept you seated on your fanny or standing on your feet?
These days I can't stand for 5 minutes without discomfort, though I have a butt that handles being seated very well.  (And as a theater critic, my job pretty much requires that I sit all the time!)

No comments: