Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday Stealing






In honor of the approaching Halloween, I found this weirdly formatted set on a question meme site.






    ghost: what would you like on your tombstone?
Funny the World (that is also something on our sons' grave markers)

    dracula: are you afraid of aging? or death?
Not afraid of death; I'm more afraid of dying.  Not really afraid of aging, as long as I can do it gracefully.
    


 nosferatu: what, as a child, did you imagine went bump in the night?
There were snakes under my bed.  I always had to jump way out away from the bed to prevent being grabbed when I woke up in the morning.  Even when I went back home to visit as an adult and knew it was ridiculous, I still took a big step away from the bed when getting up.  Just in case.

 
    godzilla: what do you do when you are angry? are you ever destructive?
I'm never destructive.  I may say a few bad words (sometimes loudly)

 
    the blob: do you collect anything? if so, what & why?
I have, over my life collected several things which are all now dust catchers, so I don't deliberately collect anything any more.  Anybody want a magnet from a zillion different places?

 
    zombie: when was the last time you trusted your gut? was it successful?
I can't remember, but as a general rule, my gut has never served me well when I count on it.

 
    mothra: what is something dangerous that attracts or fascinates you?
I am fascinated by tornados, and very happy that I do not live where they form. (I was probably strongly affected by The Wizard of Oz as a kid!)

 
    king kong: what are some questionable choices you've made lately?
Some impulse purchases, perhaps.  I can't think of anything else.


    alien: what is your strangest feature?
The curl has returned to my hair and there is a curl on top of my head that stands up and curls over and will not be tamed.  I'm kind of an old lady version of Alfalfa (The Little Rascals)


    cthulhu: do you like the ocean? why or why not?
I love the ocean.  I am never happier than when I am somewhere where I can hear and smell the sea (not interested in being IN it, though)


    nessie: have you ever felt invisible to people -- the feeling of not existing?
Oh my god...all the time!!!  Standing in a group of people, trying to contribute to the conversation and ignored, writing e-mail to a group of people who don't seem to realize you have written anything.


    mutant spider: what is one of your biggest fears?
Alzheimers.  Or being incapacitated by some physical situation that forces me to be dependent on others for everything.


    werewolf: if you could change into any nonhuman animal and back at will, what animal would you change into and why?
An elephant.  I am endlessly fascinated with elephant societies and would love to be able to learn to communicate with the rest of the herd.


     golem: if you could make up an imaginary friend, what would they be like and why?
I don't have enough imagination any more to do that, but in grammar school, I anthropomorphized the toilet paper dispenser of the grammar school bathroom into a friend that I could talk to when I felt lonely (is that pathetic, or what???)


    leprechaun: what is your "pot of gold" (or white whale, if you'd rather)
Any time we drive to San Francisco and it is a sparkling clear day, I feel like I've found my pot of gold.


    sharktopus: what is something you've done that was ridiculous or a bad decision?
Let's forget "bad decisions."  Things I've done that are "ridiculous" are some of my more fun activities -- like the time my friend Char and I baked 10 small pumpkin pies for our kids to throw at each other.


     robot: what is a habit you do without thinking?
Put my glasses in the same place each night (or else I can't find them in the morning)

No comments: