|This set of questions is called "Questions to ask Your Crush" but it seems like a regular old set of questions to me!|
1. What do you find hilarious, but most people don’t find funny?
Well, I can't say MOST PEOPLE don't find it funny, since it's so popular, but it is amazing to me how many people don't like Big Bang Theory, which I think is the funniest show on TV now.
2. What was the best year of your life so far?
Wow. That's a hard question. Best year. Maybe 1985-86, the year I was so intimately involved with the Lamplighters, before Gilbert died. I was very happy that year. This is not to say I haven't had lots of happy years, but that one stands out.
3. What’s your favorite thing to do on the Internet?
Spend time on Facebook, though lately it's more depressing than not.
4. What fad have you held on to even tho it isn’t popular any more?
I don't even think of "fads." If I liked it in the 60s chances are I'm still liking it/wearing it/doing it in the 21st century.
5. What do you spend most of your time doing?
This. Working on the computer, reading, or watching TV.
6. What do you spend way too much money on?
7. What event, large or small, has changed the course of your life most?
The death of my friend Gilbert in 1986. I have had a lot of traumatic deaths in my life, but Gilbert's was the first and taught me so much about death, dying, and grief. It changed my outlook on life.
8. Who do you have a hard time taking seriously?
I'd like to say #45, but he's entirely too scary not to take him seriously.
9. What do you judge people for most often?
The scarier #45 becomes, the more he destroys, the more I am inclined to judge people who still think he is going to make America great again.
10. What was the most beautiful view you have ever experienced?
Wow. So many choices. My most favorite view in the world, though, is the Golden Gate bridge on a clear sunny day. And how lucky I am to be able to see it so often. Runners up: The Pinnacles in Australia, the interior of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Mt. Zion State Park, Sunset over the minarets in Istanbul, Yosemite.
11. What is something you read or heard that has stuck with you for a long time?
"Never go to the foot when the head can be had." My godfather's advice which has served me well throughout my life.
12. What’s your favorite thing to shop for. Why?
Books. Because...well...books! Least favorite thing to shop for: shoes.
13. What’s the best compliment someone can receive?
Any compliment about my writing warms the cockles of my heart.
14. What’s something people go on and on about and you just can’t stand sitting through?
I once went to lunch with someone I hadn't seen in a few years. She started talking about her family when she sat down (I don't know anybody in her family) and she talked nonstop for two hours about what everyone was doing and then looked at her watch and said she had to leave. (She had made the lunch date because she was selling a product she wanted to tell me about) She never even asked what I was I doing in my life now but said next time we'd talk about me She has never contacted me again. That was about 8 years ago. That's the most extreme example, but anyone who forgets that you are part of the conversation too drives me nuts.
15. What’s something you can do that most people can’t?
Decorate a cake like a professional (my daughter-in-law is better than I am, but I was no slouch in my day)
(This cake took about 8 hours to make)
I never try to look cool! It's pointless.
17. What is the most ridiculous rule you have to follow?
A lot of rules in a corporate setting, which is why I only work for myself now.
18. What country do you not know the location of, even though you should?
After all these years, you'd think I could tell where each of the countries in the Middle East is, but I can't. Bad me.
19. What do you have a hard time with but most people find quite easy?
20. What’s the most impressive skill you have?
I'm by no means an expert, but I have some pretty impressive PhotoShop skills.