Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Sunday Stealing

1. If you could say anything you wanted to say to Donald Trump, what would you say?
You know, I am so upset, angry, and disgusted with our 45th president that if I were to meet him face to face, I would not be able to say anything.  But "You're fired," which several others have said, sounds pretty good to me!

2. If you had to be the mother of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan, who would you choose and why?
I don't know either of them well enough.  I'm too old for a young child again (I discovered when Caroline was here for 3 weeks), but I would like to tak to Lindsay Lohan about what went wrong.  She seemed to be the one young star who had it all together and wasn't going to go off the rails, when she was first coming into her star-hood.

3. You get to be Queen for a day. The kids are all taken care of, and you can spend as much money as you want. What do you do all day?
Sit in my recliner, binge watching series I haven't finished watcing yet, maybe spend some time orderin "stuff" on the internet (since I can spend as much as I want--the sky's the limit), and order something to be delivered for dinner.

4. Is there a song that brings tears to your eyes every time you hear it? If so, which one?
"In the Arms of the Angel" by Sarah McLachlan.  My son's widow and my daughter-in-law sang it at Paul's memorial service.

5. A fairy taps you on the shoulder and tells you that you can either have a perfect face or a perfect body for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?
Oh a perfect body, definitely.  I'm used to not having a perfect face and I've never known what it was like to have a perfect body.

6. If you could live any place in the world and money was no object, where would you live and why?
Well, this would assume that my mother was no longer living (since I won't leave here while she is), but there is a wonderful senior citizen living complex near here, very expensive, where you can have a real house, giving Walt and me our own special areas, and housekeeping is done for you, and the chef in the dining room cooks gourmet meals.  There are lots of beautiful places in the world, but I like California and moving one of the beautiful places means being far from my kids.

7. What is your biggest regret in life?
There are two, one emotional, one practical.  The practical is that I regret not finishing college (though if I had, my life would now be completely different)
The second is doing whatever I did that ended a wonderful friendship.  I'll never have the answer to that one and the questions linger forever.

8. If you could go back and visit one person in your life who is now dead, and ask one question, what would that question be and why would you ask it?
There are lots of questions surrounding our son Paul's death and I want to ask him what actually happened.

9. If you had the choice to age forward (like we are now) or aging backwards (think Benjamin Button) which would you choose and why?
Oh good ord, aging backwards would be terrible.  I'm happy to age forward.

10. What will the epitaph on your headstone say?
Hmmm.....probably what we have on the gravestone shared by our two sons -- "Funny the World."

1 comment: