Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday Stealing

1 - If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with?
Someone who knew how to survive on a deserted island.  Maybe Bear Grylls.

2 - What do you feel right now?
Mostly fine, though I've been pampering a backache since morning.

3 - What chocolate is your favorite?
Milk chocolate soft center See's (except for the California Brittle!)

4 - Why did you create a blog account?
To see if I could actually produce a column sized piece every day, like Erma Bombeck.  Since I've been doing this now for more than 15 years, I'd say I succeeded.

5 - Who is your favorite blogger?
There are too many to name, but the bloggers I've been reading the longest are Steve Schalchlin (Bonus Round), Mary Wise (Red Nose) and Rob Rummel-Hudson (Fighting Monsters with Rubber Swords)

6 - When was the last time you cried? Why?
Watching Annie this afternoon (I can't believe I'm did it voluntarily!) 

7 - Who is your best friend?
Char.  We've been friends for longer than I've known Walt.

8 - What kind of music do you listen to?
I don't listen to a lot of music these days, but my choice would probably be show music...or Steve Schalchlin.

9 - Do you have troubles sleeping at night?
Going to sleep, no.  Staying asleep, yes.  3 a.m. is my usual waking time.  Sometimes I can get back to sleep; sometimes (like today) not.

10 - What do you prefer, jeans or shorts?
Shorts.  I don't own jeans.  I don't wear shorts outside the house, though.

11 - Did you try to change for a person?
A few times!  Bad idea.

12 - Are you in a good or bad mood?
I'm in an OK mood.  How can you be sad while watching old MGM musicals?

13 - Name someone you can’t live without.
If burying two children and many good friends have taught me anything, it's that you can live without any people you think are indispensible, even if you think you can't.  It's a sad lesson to learn.

14 - Do you have a grudge against anyone?
I did.  He's dead now, though, so I guess not.

15 - Are you a crybaby?
As anyone who has read this journal for any length of time knows, I'm a great crybaby.  I cry at everything. Sometimes it works to my advantage.

16 - When people praise you for your looks, what feature do they praise?
They used to praise me for my hair, but now that I'm old it's thinning and nobody mentions what great hair I have any more.

17 - What hair color do you prefer?
My natural color, which is salt and pepper.

18 - If you can change anything about yourself, what is it?
Oh lord, this question again.  I want to be a normal weight and be able to eat whatever I want and not gain weight.

19 - Can you live without internet?
Yes.  I just prefer not to.

20 - Have you ever experienced being hysterical?
Not out of control hysterical.  (I wonder who thought this question up -- and why?)

21 - Did you have an accident last year?
No.
22 - What are you thinking right now?
Not thinking about anything but answering these questions.

23 - Have you been hurt so bad that you can’t find words to explain how you feel?
Yes.  It sucks.

24 - Do you have trust issues?
Yes, because of #23

25 - Who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”?
It's always my family, lumped together--Walt, the kids, the grandkids and my mother.

26 - Do you believe in the phrase “If it’s meant to be, it will be”?
I think so.  I don't seem to be very good at manipulating things that are not meant to be.

27 - Do you believe in destiny?
Wishy washy on that one.

28 - How do you look right now?
Like it's Saturday afternoon and I don't have to leave the house.

29 - Did you ever feel like you’re not good enough?
All the time. 

30 - Favorite city?
San Francisco.  Isn't it great that I was born in my favorite city?

No comments: