Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Best Day of My Life (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This song begins by mentioning clouds. Do you see clouds in the sky this fine Saturday?
The one thing I love about living here is that on a crystal clear day, like today, when there is a chance of rain in the mountains (2 hours away), the skies are filled with fluffy clouds against a bright blue sky.  It is so beautiful, it almost hurts your eyes!


2) Lead singer Zac Barnett sings that, "Everything is looking up." What are you looking forward to today?
Today not much. We are going to a play tonight, but that's "work" (I'm a theater critic) and I'm not exactly looking forward to it.  Looking at my calendar for the month of May, there is nothing I'm really "looking forward" to.


3) 2016 is not yet half over, but what's been your best day so far this year?
When our daughter was here, visiting from Boston, and we went to our Mexican daughter's restaurant, with Jeri and our son and his wife, for dinner.


 
4) The members of the group, American Authors, met in college. When is the last time you heard from a school chum? Do you know them from grammar school, high school or college?
I had lunch with 3 friends from grammar school sometimes toward the end of last year. And, of course, I get together with Char (college friend) regularly.


5) One of the all-time best-selling American authors is romance writer Danielle Steele. She's been writing for more than 40 years and has sold more than 800 million books. Have you read any of her work?
I think I read one to find out what all the hullaballoo was about. It was OK, but not my genre.

6) Have you ever dreamed of being an author?
I am one, sorta.  I co-authored a book, wrote most of a second, and write theater reviews for two local papers at the present time.


7) Do you have an e-reader?
I love my Kindle.  But I also like "real" books too.


8) American Authors rang in 2016 in Chicago, giving an outdoor concert on New Year's Eve on a stage not far from Lake Michigan. There are 5 Great Lakes in all, including Lake Michigan. Without looking it up, name the other 4.
Huron, Ontario, Eerie, and the one that starts with S.  (Superior...I looked it up)


9) Random question: You see photos on Facebook of a dinner party hosted by a friend. You recognize most of the attendees, yet you weren't invited. How do you feel? Left out and angry? Do you wonder what you may have done to offend your friend? Or do you just forget about it and move on?
I don't really think like that.  Glad they had a good time, probably relieved I didn't have to go (and happy that my friend realizes that).




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mnemonic for the Great Lakes: HOMES. :)

Bev Sykes said...

I know. That's how I knew the others and said "the one that starts with S"