Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Stealing

Is your birth year an odd or even number?:
Odd.  Maybe that explains my personality.

Which one of your friends is the most outgoing?:
That would have to be Walt's sister, Alice.  She can enter a room of strangers and leave knowing every single person by name, occupation, and something about their family.  She is genuinely interested in everyone. I have admired that quality about her for years.  It is what made her so successful in her job.  She can't seem to understand how not all of us have that talent.  I can't enter a room of familiar people and remember any of their names and just want to hide so I don't have to admit that even though I've known them for years, I don't remember them!

Have you eaten any of your favorite foods today?:
Not really, but I haven't had much of a variety of food today.  I do like queso sauce, which I had on scrambled eggs for lunch, but I would not rank it as a "favorite."

When did you last find yourself in an awkward situation?:
Can't think of one.

When was the last time you ignored, or went against, someone’s advice?:
Don't think I've had any advice, good or bad, lately.

How many different towns/cities have you lived in?:
Five.  We've been in Davis for 43 years.

When was the last time you had Nutella?:
I can't remember.  I went through a Nutella phase and bought a jar of it, but it has been sitting, untouched, in my cupboard for years. I should throw it away....

Who is your favorite character in“The Big Bang Theory”?:
I like both Sheldon and Leonard, though I think the actors playing Raj and Howard are often overlooked.  They are really good in their roles.  (and yeah, I like the girls too.  I love Mayim Bialik and follow her blog)

What are your parents’ middle names?:
My father was named after the owner of the vaudeville troop his parents were performing with.  My mother's middle name is Mexican...don't know how her mother came up with that.  (Somehow hesitant to publish the actual names)

Name someone with a sexy sounding voice.:
I don't know if it's actually sexy but I could listen to Davina Porter from Audible.com forever.  She's great whether reading a male or female voice.

Are your eyes the same color as your sibling’s?
Hers were brown.  Mine are not.

How many pets do you have? Would you like any more?:
Two.  and No.  We had 3 dogs until Sheila died this year.  It's nice having two.  If one of these two dies, we might get another, but we did the "many dogs" bit when we fostered for the SPCA and that era has passed.

Is there a song you can’t stop listening to atm?
You mean as an earworm.  Walt mentioned to me today that he can't stop hearing "North Dakotachrome" (one of the songs our kids' band used to play) and now that is stuck in my head too.

Is there a song that you’re fed up of hearing?:
I can't think of any off hand, but I'm sure it would be one of the obnoxious commercial jingles
(not one of Ned's, of course!).  I don't listen to the radio, so I'm not up on current music.
Did you have a strange or interesting dream last night?:
I did.  It was quite real, though I don't remember details now.  I was sitting with co-workers (in itself strange since I have no co-workers) and one was telling me how long she had been following Funny the World, the other one saying she had just started reading it.  In my dream, I realized I had no idea any of my fellow workers actually read it and I was mentally reviewing what I'd said lately and whether I'd said anything negative about those two women.

Name 3 things that are in your refrigerator atm.:
Collard greens, plain yogurt, a jar of queso sauce.

Which friend do you confide in most?:
Actually, though Char probably knows more than anyone else, I no longer confide in people.  I've been burned too often and won't put myself in that position again.  Of course that means that I have a very active, full mental life that nobody knows about!

What was your most recent reason for smiling?
Things the dogs do always make me smile.

No comments: