Monday, April 1, 2013

No Foolin'

Yeah, it's April Fool's day, but I always thought it a cruel holiday, so I don't participate.  As for Easter, we were going to take my mother to brunch, but she either lied to us or lied to Jeri.  She called on Saturday to tell me she felt awful and didn't think she could make it out to brunch.  She told Jeri she felt great, would take two walks around the lagoon, and that she had given me "the day off."  Yesterday I was very depressed, thinking my mother was just slowly fading away; today...who knows?

Walt and I went to brunch at a local restaurant, where we met the Easter bunny and had crab benedict (me) and crab omelette (Walt).

 

Then an NCIS marathon and a slice of ham for dinner.

However, I write this on Sunday and so I'm doing a Sunday Stealing again.
1: Who is your favorite Musical Artist from when you were a teenager?
Duhhh.  Judy Garland, of course.

2: Who is your favorite game show host?

Alex Trebek

3: Who is your Favorite Blog hosting service?

That should probably be "WHAT" is your favorite blog hosting service.   Funny the World is hosted by Yahoo, and the mirror Airy Persiflage is on Blogger.   I like Yahoo better because it is more manageable.
4: If you could meet anyone again from your childhood, who would it be?
Sister Anne.  She's dead, though.  But we'd certainly have a lot to talk about.

5: Where did you want to live when you were growing up?

I don't think I've ever wanted to live anywhere but San Francisco.  Haven't lived there since 1960, though, and it's not the city I grew up in, so I'm content where I am.

6: What is the most interesting piece of Trivia that you know?

Given that today is Easter, how about this: Eastre is an ancient word for spring. "Eostre" was a pagan Anglo-Saxon Goddess said to have been the goddess of the sunrise and the spring. She is also the Teutonic goddess of the dawn. The direction of the sunrise, East, is named for her. In Norse mythology, the name is spelled Eostare.

7: If you could live in any point of history when would it be and why?

The difficult thing is the whole bathroom and smells problem.  Anything before flush toilets, no matter how interesting, would be problematic for me! 

8: What is the most interesting job you have ever had?

Medical transcription.  Loved getting all that medical information

9. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.

That's a little difficult, since I never attended middle school.  Catholic schools went K-8 and then 9-12.  It's an entirely different vibe from middle school, which is everyone at the very worst period of pre- and post-puberty all together in one building.

10. What's your favorite Beatles song?

Maybe "Hey, Jude."

11. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?

Sweat pants and t-shirt, with fuzzy socks to wear in the house.

12. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?

Host.  Then I don't have to worry about mingling and making small talk--I'll be in the kitchen cooking and organizing.

13. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?

I don't know.  I do love regular books, but I also love my kindle.  I think there are too many people, right now, to get rid of books entirely, though as young people get older, I can see that might be a possibility.  Then will libraries become museums?

14. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?

It depends on what I'm learning, but generally I learn better by doing than by reading or listening.

15. When you were single, what what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering a person a potential match for you?)

Bigotry.  Homophobia.  Someone who haughtily informs me theynever watch TV, except a little public TV sometimes.

16. Snacks. Salty or sweet?

Yes.  But probaby more salty than sweet.

17. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?

Surely you jest.  However, a video camera just appeared on my desk last week.   I've had it for several years and have never used it.  I don't have a clue how it suddenly appeared on my desk.

18. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?

Rain Man or Jerry Maguire

19. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?

Oh, I probably use it anyway, if it cost too much to just throw out.

20. Your favorite spring comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)

Oh, any Easter chocolate

No comments: