Tuesday, April 9, 2013

5,000 Question Meme, Part 6

121. Have you ever lost someone without having the chance to say goodbye?
How much time do you have?  Starting in 1971 with my sister, then Gilbert in 1986, my kids in 1996 and 1999 and Peggy (not dead, but dead to me) in 2011.  Those were just the "biggies."  One thing about getting older is that the older you get the more "opportunities" there are for losses without getting the chance to say goodbye.

122. How do you feel about women in politics?

Why shouldnt they be?  We are everywhere else, and just as qualified as men...and given how men have screwed things up, perhaps better!

123. Would you rather have an indoor Jacuzzi or an outdoor pool?

Not really up for either, actually. 

124. What things are you interested in that you study or read about regularly?

Gay rights, animal rights, stuff about elephants, Catholic church scandals, and interesting tidbits about places we have either visited or expect to visit...as well as anything interesting that comes along.

125. Would you consider yourself to be intelligent?

In some areas.  In other areas (math, for example), I am borderline! 

126. Would you consider yourself to be wise?

Yoda I ain't, but I know a thing or two.

127. Have you ever given or received a lap dance?

I can't think of anything I'd like to give or receive less.

128. Have you ever spoken to a homeless person?

Sure.  Frequently on the street...and I used to volunteer in a homeless shelter.

129. Would you ever creep into the subway tunnels to go exploring?

No.  Shudder!

130. If you could add 70 years to your life but only by making some random person die 70 years sooner would you?

Why in the world would I  want to add 70 years to my life???  Who wants to live to 140?

131. Can you identify any of the following lyrics?

A: Nothing to kill or die for...

B: Late comings with the late comin' stretcher...
C: I could make a film and make you my star...
Nope.  None of them.

132. Are you worried about North Korea?
I am worried when any nut job starts to make threats about nuking countries they don't like.
133. Would you rather be a world political leader or a talk-show host?
Talk show host.  I couldn't handle the pressure of being a political leader.   I probably couldn't handle the pressure of being a talk show host either, but at least I couldn't kill anybody if I did it wrong!

134. Have you ever given someone a love letter that you wrote?

Sure.  As a letter writer, I have written my share over the years to several people.  It's what I have done all my life, beginning in grammar school, I think.

135. Have you ever sent someone a surprise though the mail?

Again, sure.  Presently, I try to find fun things to mail to Brianna, though I rarely hear what her reaction was.

136. Are you looking forward to any dates right now? Vacation perhaps?

Bri's first dance recital, Bri's pre-school graduation, our trip to Ukraine, my mother's move to the Senior Living complex.

137. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you've ever seen?

Technically the best is probably Snow White, of the classic Disney animation, but my favorite will always be Bambi.

138. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving?

Anything by Lawsuit (and how many Sunday Stealing regulars have a clue what band that is?)  Though, when driving these days, I prefer an audio book.

139. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished?

The guy who figured out that if you take something as vile as a ripe olive off a tree and plunge it into something as vile as lye you end up with something delicious enough that people want to serve with their Thanksgiving turkey.

140. What could someone do to impress you?

I am always impressed by people who go out of their way to help others.  Our friend Nancianne, in her 70s, shaving her head to help kids with cancer, for example.   People like Ashley, who do so much to help dogs find good homes.  All the incredible people who sponsor children through Compassion or any other organization. The question originally was gender-specific, but I think it's the same for either gender, as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: