Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Stealing

1. Are you in a job that you truly enjoy?
I'm retired.  Of course I am!!

2. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?

Exactly what I'm doing now, including going to a few shows to review them, and volunteering at the book store.

3. If you could be a character in a novel who would you be?

Claire Randall in the "Outlander" series--but only if I could be that young, strong, and agile!

4. When it comes to spending time with those you love, do you think it should be about quality or quantity?

Do I have to choose?  If so, I guess quality.  No  point in quantity if the time is going to suck!

5. Is there a job/career you wanted but realized you couldn’t possibly do for one reason or another?

Yes.  I was a big fan of nurse books when growing up -- Sue Barton, Cherry Ames, etc.  I imagined myself as a nurse.  Then I realized I would have to clean up poop and vomit and decided ... uh... maybe not.

6. If you could live anywhere in the world or out of this world where would you live?

Australia.  Beautiful country, less complicated politics, and that incredible Indian Ocean.  Of course then there's the heat and drought.  I think I'd better think it out again.

7. Where would you most like to visit and who with?

Africa.  With anybody who wants to go on a photo safari.

8. Which skill would you like to learn?

I would love to be a really good photographer (but can't justify spending the money on a really good camera)

9. What made you laugh today?

Lizzie, because she's such a silly dog.

10. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?

Doing NOTHING.  I've already seen 3 stage shows I have to review and I'm looking forward to a day off.

11. What is your sign and do you believe in horoscopes etc?

I'm an Aquarius and I only partly believe in signs.  I don't know a lot about the signs of the Zodiac, but I am a stereotypical messy, disorganized Aquarian and my mother is a stereotypical neatnik Virgo.

12. If you could change one thing about your life thus far, what would it be?

I would like not to have two dead children.

13. If there was one charity you could give a huge contribution to, which charity would it be and why?

Compassion, Int'l because of the work it does with children all over the world.

14. Should smoking be legal?

I personally don't like smoking and don't necessarily like being in places where there is smoke, but like with alcohol, I think it's a personal decision.  (I'd also like to see marijuana legalized...and have never tried that either, and would not if it were legal)

15. What are your views on the smoking ban in public places?

Thank you for those laws.  I think if people want to kill themselves with cigarettes (and two in my family have this year), that's their decision, but I really don't want to have to sit in the middle of a cigarette cloud when I myself do not want to breathe that smoke.

16. Why do you blog?

All sorts of reasons, but mainly because I love writing.

17. Do you have a favorite author?

John Steinbeck and Bill Bryson

18. Can you play any musical instruments?
I can blow a mean kazoo.

19. What would your ideal car be?

I'm not into cars.  I can't really tell one brand from another without going and looking at the name on it.  If it runs reliably, gets somewhat reasonable gas mileage, and comes with a way of connecting my iTouch, I'm a happy camper.

20. Describe yourself in one short sentence.

Fat.

21. What do you look for in a spouse/other half?

Not looking any more.

22. Worst meal you’ve had?

Some friends from then-Zaire came and wanted to cook us a meal from their country.   They worked so hard on the food (including squatting on the floor to grind something for something).  I appreciated the love and energy that went into it, but I'm sorry--it just was not good.  I choked it down, but that may have been the worst meal.  It's the one that comes to mind, anyway.

23. What do you do to relax in the evening?

Same thing I do to relax during the day--computer, TV, napping

24. Do you get along with your siblings?

We get along great.  She's been dead for more than 40 years.

25. Do you have any regrets?

Regrets, I have a few, but then again too few to mention...

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I agree with your smoking ban answer. I like the ban.